Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are 8v and 16v springs the same , can you use 8v on a 16v car?
thanks

ronan

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
8v springs are longer. You can fit them to a 16v but the car will ride higher then when on 16v springs. It would be a pointless thing to do but there shouldn't be any problems if you had to fit them and had no other choice. A half decent set of lowering springs wont be too expensive and I'm sure someone on the site has some lying around.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just ebay think mark you know your self, really cheap set of spax..

ronan

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i HAVE REAL CHEAP LOWERING SPRINGS IF YOU WANT EM AND YOUR IN THE KERRY AREA, OTHERWISE THERE NOT WORTH THE POSTAGE!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Probably best to avoid really cheap springs. They are generally cheap for a reason. Save a bit more and get some eibach or H&R springs. They shouldnt be stupid money and are Worth the extra.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
QUOTE (8valver @ Mar 12 2006, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Probably best to avoid really cheap springs. They are generally cheap for a reason. Save a bit more and get some eibach or H&R springs. They shouldnt be stupid money and are Worth the extra.

have to agree with this. a mate had a cheap setup on his gti and rattled it to death. they were on it before he bought it but in hide site he should have changed the lot.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I had Gmax springs on mine and they were as hard as my coilovers!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Get coilovers! (I know, ye told me so) but i got weitec spring damper adjust kit and its hard, not too hard but just enough to remind me i should hav saved for the coilovers!

·
Registered
292 Posts
i've a set of fk springs and shocks for sale.. never used. 40 mm drop all round if you interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts