Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I've been after this car since I first saw it around ten years ago. My mates brother owned it first and put all the bits on it and then gave it to his brother and he's been driving it since. It was the first mk2 I drove and I loved it, so this project will be a little more personal, with only 128,000 on the clock when he finally decided to sell it I couldnt resist. One of the main reason's i think he wouldnt sell to me, was that he's mad into the original OEM look and know's that look won't be happening with me

Plans for this one, different to my other mk2 project, is to put a 1.6td stove in to her, a set of G60 arches and sit her on the floor with some sort of deep dish wheels (any idea's welcome). Want this one to look different in some way, have been lookin at putting corrado headlights with the G60 grill on her. Also looking at what colour I'll go, I've done red even thou I love the colour I can't go having two red golf's (or can I?).

Here she is anyway at my grandad's place, also known as aladdin's cave

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

She'll definately need a respray, lacquer pealing all over, like she's sunburnt

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car

Might not look like much there but I know the car has been kept well and all the panels are straight and literally no rust what so ever.

Here's the main inspiration I've been looking at, put bits of each onto her. Colours also are what I've been looking at.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Let me know what ye all think anyway, will be stripping to spray next week, can't wait to start

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
QUOTE BLACK all the way with a set of deep 13 or 14's
Something like the picture would be class but i hate the idea of spraying the black moulding on top of the bumper, rarely comes out right. Then to restore and keep the black trim a deep black to match the paint might not look right. I've seen quite a few in a non photo shoot light and look tatty. hard to call, hard ta call

QUOTE respray in metallic grey on a set of banded g60s
There's another lad with a mk2 around mayo with gun barrel grey, think he's on here. If i go that route I'd haveta do something awful different for it not to be an exact clone. Banded G60's sound good thou, just hope this banded wheels trend isn't going to take over the vag scene, their class with polished lips too.

QUOTE dont go steeling my colour or i'll kill ya!!!
Easy now ronan, I may just buy the last few litres from robinsons to sicken you, I'd prob get shot by other people on here for slowing your project.....even more

Cheers for the feedback lads, I'm so between minds on the colour I think I'll end up just deciding on the day when I go in for the paint. Want somethhing different but its hard do with all the mk2's at shows these days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Being a woody by trade my collection of tools are somewhat useless when it comes to mechanical work, so yesterday I managed to 'borrow' my friends toolbox that used to be a mechanic and set about pulling the engine out.

Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Hood

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Automotive exterior Gas

I was delighted to find no suprises and overall happy with the shape she's in, some work around the battery tray but from what I can see so far its all surface rust. The rocket cover gasket is gone on the old block so she's fairly stink with oil and muck but all solid underneath. Progress should be quick enough over the next few weeks, still not sure on colour to go with yet thou

Picked up a set of Schmidt TH line's for her and a few other niddley bits so parts wise I'm all set.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Camillus O' D @ Jun 12 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So he sold it to you after all

If its anything like your current mk2 it be sweet

Aye he sold eventually, we were talkin about it the last day that I must be 7 years asking to buy it off him. Wel I'm hopin to do something different with this one but so far I haven't managed to come up with anything ground braking, don't want to ruin it either doe.

Haven't done much since really just a bit of cleaning and prep for engine bay spray.

Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Had to leave the brakes in as all around the shed is hill's so would have been dodge to move around without brakes

Attachments

·
Ich bin ich. Die anderen sind die anderen
575 Posts
might be a bit weird to say this but the sound deadner on the bonnet is lovely and clean :)

best of luck with the build sounds like it will turn out nice ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.