Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads, i have a mk2 84 golf gti 8 valve and brought it on a vintage run yesterday. all went fine until last night after the run. I parked for a while and when i tried to start it about 2 hours later it wouldn't. There was no buzz from the feul pump as there should have been. i changed the relay today and it didnt work. what is wrong? all help apriciated.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
QUOTE (James K046 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi lads, i have a mk2 84 golf gti 8 valve and brought it on a vintage run yesterday. all went fine until last night after the run. I parked for a while and when i tried to start it about 2 hours later it wouldn't. There was no buzz from the feul pump as there should have been. i changed the relay today and it didnt work. what is wrong? all help apriciated.

Check if ur getting 12v at the plug wi a multimeter. If ya are its probably fecked

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the relay that i put in instead of the bad one was also bad so i changed it to a new on and it worked first time, there was nothing wrong with the pump after all! its relay 2 if any one wants to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.