Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking online for mk2 golf coilovers,alot of budget sets available and all around the same price,any advice on which is best would be apprecaited,the kits o seen online are,jom blueline,fk yellow,raceland,hottuning,rokkor. raceland are the cheapest on ebay but just wondering has anybody fitted a set or know if they are any good? thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have a set off JOM in my mk2, very noticable improvement when put them in. Take a while to settle to final ride height(think that's the correct term). Mine took around a year to settle and went a good inch and a half lower. Brilliant value thou.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I have a set of JOMs from alloywheels.ie and the car is as low as i can go on the standard wheels and the car isnt uncomfortable!

Also very good customer support from keith at alloywheels.ie

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
QUOTE (low and slow mk3 @ Apr 19 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>have a set of joms now but they are seized,trying to get them free again,had kinda given up on them,we tried alot already to get them free!

did you try heat on them ?

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Volf @ Apr 19 2011, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bought joms today for mk2 , from this auction for 195e with delivery , thats good bit cheaper than getting them here in ireland
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...:EOIBSA:IE:1123

And every coilover will seize if not cleaned ,lubbed or just adjusted from time to time

Nice find, just ordered at set for my own. Cant wait to slam it!!

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
QUOTE (mk2moore @ Apr 25 2011, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice find, just ordered at set for my own. Cant wait to slam it!!

Nice one dude , I hope to have mine tomorrow or wednesday
. There were shipped last wednesday morning to me

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
QUOTE (mk2moore @ Apr 25 2011, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeh ill have to wait another week or so. You fitting them yourself?

I will try fit them myself , but having no impact gun means I mite not undo the front top mounts
, I remember in my mk3 when I was trying to udno them I broke the allen bit
, mite just catch the shock with vicegrips this time ....... I wont need them again

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
QUOTE (Volf @ Apr 25 2011, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will try fit them myself , but having no impact gun means I mite not undo the front top mounts
, I remember in my mk3 when I was trying to udno them I broke the allen bit
, mite just catch the shock with vicegrips this time ....... I wont need them again

what i did was used a spark plug socket with vise grips with and allen key through the centre and a bar to hold the allen key with got mine off no problem then

heres a pretty good guide if your in doubt of any part of fitting

http://forum.performancevwmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=40697

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
QUOTE (Mk3McG @ Apr 25 2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what i did was used a spark plug socket with vise grips with and allen key through the centre and a bar to hold the allen key with got mine off no problem then

heres a pretty good guide if your in doubt of any part of fitting

http://forum.performancevwmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=40697

Thats a great idea with the spark plug socket

Totally forgot that the top mount must go off the old mcperson ........... have no compressors ....... so gonna go to me mates garage some evening and just fit coilovers there ......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.