Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few quick pics of my Mk2. All thats left to do is to plumb up the external wastegate to the downpipe. Then its off to Westward to get mapped!!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looking well now buck

I have a feeling that if you get that yoke hooked up at all in 2nd or 3rd my Corrado wont get a look in....

(well not in a straight line anyway).

Have to say the car has come on in leaps and bounds since our first meeting

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Fair play to you Dave, that looks like an awesome install. Looking forward to seeing it on the rollers next month.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Coming along just nicely Dave.
Install looks even better in the flesh.
Pipework is very neat and very well made.
Some serious work going on there and all the hardware is there for a serious performer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glenn,
Next month could be a bit optimistic for me but we'll see how I get on.
@ VST......If only I had of stayed in bed the day of that ill fated Limerick show.....I'd probably be driving a nice A3 by now, have sold the Mk2 ages ago and not have dirtied my hands this side of the millenium

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah,

Imagine all the money we've both spent on engines alone since then!

We could be feckin retired at this stage!

Maybe we should flog all the big power stuff, buy 4 door Golfs,shine them up nice and take pics of them, post the pics when ever an opportunity presents itself and shite on about the "scene" every ten minutes, while going to weekly meets in carparks all around the country................NAH!

·
Registered
713 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Mar 1 2006, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah,

Imagine all the money we've both spent on engines alone since then!

We could be feckin retired at this stage!

Maybe we should flog all the big power stuff, buy 4 door Golfs,shine them up nice and take pics of them, post the pics when ever an opportunity presents itself and shite on about the "scene" every ten minutes, while going to weekly meets in carparks all around the country................NAH!

Hate to be the one to break the news to you Tom but since you werent actually there last sunday at the meet, it appears you arent actually part of the "scene" in this country any more irrespective of whats sitting outside your office there. !!!

PS if it makes you feel any better, neither am I, Dave, Gary, Glenn and the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (8valver @ Mar 1 2006, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hate to be the one to break the news to you Tom but since you werent actually there last sunday at the meet, it appears you arent actually part of the "scene" in this country any more irrespective of whats sitting outside your office there. !!!

PS if it makes you feel any better, neither am I, Dave, Gary, Glenn and the list goes on.

Dead right.....I was there last Sunday with my car & that IS what counts, the fact that the lads in this thread spend nearly every cent they get & every spare hour too on their cars doesn't really matter.....

........Get that into your heads!!

That car's going to be some animal alright, nice one Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sorry,I couldnt drive halfway across the country on Sunday as I was up to my back axle in 205 GTI bits( stand in track car for when the Corrado is feeling moody!).

I realise my non attendance at the meet ,allied to the fact that I spent the time working on a non VAG french car, has lead to my exclusion from the scene, I apologise profusely for my indiscretion and endeavor in the future to elevate myself to a position where I may one day be considered for re admission to the "scene".

Enough of this bollocks I've a broken M3 to fix.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Mar 1 2006, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sorry,I couldnt drive halfway across the country on Sunday as I was up to my back axle in 205 GTI bits( stand in track car for when the Corrado is feeling moody!).

I realise my non attendance at the meet ,allied to the fact that I spent the time working on a non VAG french car, has lead to my exclusion from the scene, I apologise profusely for my indiscretion and endeavor in the future to elevate myself to a position where I may one day be considered for re admission to the "scene".

Good man Tom, you're slowly seeing the error of your ways & that's a start! The sooner that yourself & the other supposed VAG heads accept your wrong-doings & start going to the meets, the sooner that you guys will be slowly accepted back into the realm!

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Mar 1 2006, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe we should flog all the big power stuff, buy 4 door Golfs,shine them up nice and take pics of them, post the pics when ever an opportunity presents itself and shite on about the "scene" every ten minutes, while going to weekly meets in carparks all around the country................NAH!

·
Registered
713 Posts
QUOTE (VST @ Mar 1 2006, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sorry,I couldnt drive halfway across the country on Sunday as I was up to my back axle in 205 GTI bits( stand in track car for when the Corrado is feeling moody!).

As Tony D pointed out, admitting you F**ked up is the first step on the long road to recovery!!!

Now back to the topic at hand lads. Dave's engine build and what old skool VW is going to be able to keep with it up the 1/4 mile strip??

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
Fair play, that look like a serous piece of kit, A lot of neat custom work, the curved boost pipe looks very well done. What are the specs or is that a cheeky question?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That curved boost pipe was a nightmare. We had to shape it around Plug lead #1!! Not sure if you can make out from the pics but I'm also in trouble with the turbo inlet. The kit is from a LHD car so my Master cylinder reservoir wont fit onto of the master cylinder!!! I made up a 30mm spacer to fit between the Manifold and the turbo to lift the inlet up but I'm still in trouble. This is what will more than likely casue me to miss the rr day in April!!
Its basically a T3/4 Turbonetics turbo with external wastegate, forged pistons + Steel rods bottom end with a 2.1L capacity. Head is gas flowed with Kent Cams, distributorless DTA managent, water injection mated to a 6 speed Quaife limo'ed cable change box. Subframe + wishbones are seem welded. Fuel is controlled by 440cc injectors with rising rate adjustable fuel reg + Walbro 255lph inline fuel pump.
Should be good for 320+.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
somewhere between 8.8 and 8.9:1 Pistons are speced for 8.8:1 but head has been skimmed since then. Had a cc check done on head + piston by Martin Treacy and as I said its heading for 8.9:1
Hoping to run about 1.3 bar with a 6600 limiter. The 95.8 crank doesnt like high revs!!!!

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
I think I seen in Rallydesign a pedal set that had a remote reservoir for kitcars. (I stress I think).
What about tapping the hole in the master cylinder and running short hoses through the scuttle to a small reservoir bottle sitting in the scuttle, it would still be above the m/c. and if there was a concern of gravity flow a small metal reservoir could be sealed with a tyre air valve on top that can be used to keep a bit of pressure above to keep a flow downward.
Dont know if it would work but in thoery it should. Or even a hose and sit the reservoir above the boost line. Just a thought.
NICE SPEC I am drooling here.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats pretty much what I'm planning on doing. Its just a pain in the hole. Motivation is low these days!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
sweet work there dave, and a very tidy install, next thing youll be out with the polishing kit to that stainless/alloy!!! is that piping bent straight lengths or weld bends with the welds smoothed. good tidy work either way. cant wait to see her/hear her going.
ps youre not bad craic. youve an engine in that needs tweaking and you dont think youll make april but im expected to make it and all i have is a shed of expenive parts !

1 - 20 of 56 Posts