Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Right so finally got my hands on a mk2 golf, always wanted one just never found one in good condition for the right money. Bought it from a old woman around the corner from me so knew it had never gotten abuse, sold my b5 A4 nd got to work. well sorta, had to go work in england because no work here.

anyway this is her:

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Car Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Best part of livin in england was been able get cheap parts, wel on certain things. so started gatherin bits

Window Comfort Building Flooring Hardwood

Picked these up for a few hundred quid, tires were like new, i know there replica's but cant afford the real thing right now
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive design Hubcap

Was delighted when found these mk3 leathers in great condition, he threw in the grill on the deal.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

So in they went and ordered the coilovers
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Fired coilovers in and on with the wheels,happy nough with the handling for now
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Got sick a england anyway and got these pics on the way home, the lads directin me onta the boat got good laugh with her catchin coming up the ramp.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Got home and got on to the body work asap, had to get big bumpers and a new bonnet.

Few snaps of the work that went on

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Not too sure about the badgeless look right now, might order NOS badges and put them on again
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

Cant find pics a me puttin her back together but think we all know what that looks like, alot off head scratching....

This is her anyway, colorado red(ford)

Wheel Tire Sky Car Cloud

Wheel Sky Vehicle Tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

Thats her as it stands now, german plates and about an inchish lower thou.

Next Up. A set a G60 arches, spacers for the wheels and neg camber and go lower if possible. The interior isnt really matching now too, didnt get leather door cards so just the standard ones still and their fair rough. want to flock the roof with suede mayb but still not decided on the door cards. Most mk2 leather cards are rough or if their good their MENTAL priced which i cant afford. A set of head rests for the back too might look good?

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya unfortunatley for my troubles,finished now soon,once finish here can go lower with her but the roads fair bad back here.

From castlebar in Mayo.

Cheers for all the comments lads, cant take credit for the spray job wish i was as good as him thou, some day maybe. Loving the lower eyebrow on the grill on that golf too must get onta ebay.

Any idea's for engine anyway lads? I know its been covered here a few times,wouldnt be able tackle the 150bhp PD swap so is there anyone here that would?
Thinkin more along the AAZ option now at the minute with it been cheaper and easier, whats ye're toughts?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
QUOTE (Mk2oldschool @ Feb 2 2011, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ya unfortunatley for my troubles...finished now soon...once finish ere can go lower wit her but da roads fair bad back ere...

Yeah Im on placement now fuckin commercial projects

Bad low yoke as is I could not understand how you got in and out of the place and kepp it so clean

·
Registered
323 Posts
QUOTE (Camillus O' D @ Feb 2 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah Im on placement now fuckin commercial projects

Bad low yoke as is I could not understand how you got in and out of the place and kepp it so clean

ah i couldnt stand them things, one due now soon enough ya?ara its not that low really, just them f**cin speed bumps took getting used to. I've seen lower and they look serious, negative camber and tidy the arches back a bit and sit her this summer anyway.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.