Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
QUOTE (veedub1984 @ May 27 2014, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just love the vans. Had a good look at it and just thought it was very tasty. Seats were lovely what were they out of? Chrome strips suit the colour very well. Did you have a lot of work to do to it?

cheers
seats were reupholstered by a neighbour of mine and were originally out of mk2 gti as far as I know. There was a fair bit of work on her alright. drivers pillar was rotten and someone had
had lifted it off a truck with a strap across the roof which took a bit of work. needed new door and wing and both rear and front panels were pushed in. the worst part was in around the heater where a family
of mice had set up home but arches and boot floor were just about perfect so was just the usual respray work after that and then all the mechanical stuff. yea like the chrome with the orange but im not to sure about
the wheels so might change them at some stage

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
...I remember them in that colour; jettas in the same colour; nice company for the orange one... the beige one is a lot better looking than one I uncovered recently... I'll try to get a pic up...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Jul 2 2014, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...I remember them in that colour; jettas in the same colour; nice company for the orange one... the beige one is a lot better looking than one I uncovered recently... I'll try to get a pic up...

yea its Mexican beige and the old man just picked up a mk1 jetta the same colour. it was looking a lot worse but after a back shock put in and a power wash she don't look to bad. any plans for your own one

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
I reckon I'll just cut out the rust n weld up/patch it up - needs both door pillars, but its not a bad shell all up; sills n arches are rock solid; Tdi conversion is the plan...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Jul 3 2014, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I reckon I'll just cut out the rust n weld up/patch it up - needs both door pillars, but its not a bad shell all up; sills n arches are rock solid; Tdi conversion is the plan...

sounds good.keep us posted and the best of luck with it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
QUOTE (veedub1984 @ Jul 6 2014, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Vans are rare. Not to mind havin two!! Lol. Saw one for sale on eBay uk fully restored in Porsche silver looked lovely. What are your plans for it?

yea hard to come across alright so i could nt say no
this one is in a lot better condition than the orange one so going to do her back to original bar wheels and coilovers.
she il be low and slow lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
QUOTE (veedub1984 @ Jul 8 2014, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking forward to seeing this finished if the orange one is anything to go by!

cheers veedub.hopefully come next summer she wont be to far away from being finished.il keep ye posted with a few pics but wont be starting till them dark evenings come in.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts