Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the PVW Top times i spotted a members name off this forum as the owner of a Mk1 Golf G40. Is this it? any more info on it? You know who you are

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Matt Heap built it and Boyd bought it as far as i know! Sold again recently. TT dash, billet wheels, audi handles and chrome bumpers. Some package!!!

1341 with a G60 charger me thinks, could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Barry, the hint on the former owner is in what you typed

and maybe even the sticker on the screen
just put ireland at the end of it

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
QUOTE (rmn @ Feb 14 2006, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Barry, the hint on the former owner is in what you typed

and maybe even the sticker on the screen
just put ireland at the end of it

lol, i know only too well. Dont mind me, heads on a different planet today. I have the feature somewhere, and some build pics too i think......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes that is my old car and as I gaze upon its beauty a tear comes to my eye.

That was a great car and I miss it very much. I still cant believe that a G40 engine could produce as much reliable power as that car did. Many a 20vt'ed Mk1 was disapointed to see how fast that car went.
It only went in the end cause the ECU fcuked up and we couldn't find whats wrong, so I sold it on the proviso that it needed some attention. The guy I sold it to put a new ECU in it and then blew it up on the way to GTi International 05. I drove 40,000 miles without it missing a beat and he had it for just 6 weeks before it let go.

Great car and I won't have another Mk1 cause it wont live up to the expectations of [MWX 533P]

The Fiesta in my avatar had a 190bhp Turbo engine in and I beat him down the quarter by over half a second! yay

G

·
Barry take that ANORACK off! I know its Dubs but its not good for the image now you dating 'Palm'ala again!

Boyd, will your MK2 live up to it??? - Tsar....

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Feb 17 2006, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Barry take that ANORACK off! I know its Dubs but its not good for the image now you dating 'Palm'ala again!

I was just reading Gavin's post on E38 about the spec etc and kinda knew it, plus the night before i was flciking through the PVW.

The MK1 was the "The Sea" this year with the rest of the VW Enterprises crew, and it still turned heads!

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
QUOTE (boydkilsby @ Feb 15 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I still cant believe that a G40 engine could produce as much reliable power as that car did.

Aye, G40's have cracking engines, will be on to John and yourself soon enough for advice on my G40.......

Loved your mk1 G40, sweet car

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE (Davec @ Feb 17 2006, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How much power did it have by the way

A claimed 185bhp from Matt Heap, Which I believe as It did feel like it, but i'm just saying claimed cause I didn't ever get it rolling roaded myself.

I dont know how to do mulitple quotes so. Hear goes a few answers.

Dirty1- I do hope the Mk2 lives upto it, but the budget on the the Mk2 is no-where near what was spent on the silver mk1. Its a tough act to follow.

Bohall- it still had the G40 charger on just with a Jabba R1 conversion.

GSBellew- Look forward to seeing your motor, what sort of things to you want done with yours?

Boyd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts