Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i change the brake set up on my mk1 golf from drums to disks , they are currently 13 inch 4 hole alloys on it

WILL THE NEW BRAKE DISK SET UP BE 4 OR 5 HOLE
any help please
because im currently looking for a set of alloys and ive just been told that they will be 5 hole not 4 hole, any advice please

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Colm, who is giving you advice?

That's twice in as many days they have sent you astray.

Why would the brake upgrade need to be 5?

On your other thread Kevin and the lads have already outlined what you need to know based on their experience.
Rear discs by the way are not needed on a MK1 so you also have the option to stay on drums but fully refurb them. Discs would be better job and look better but are not necessary. Plenty of reading up on MK1 Owners club website also.

Up front -
You have a number of options from Rocco 256, TSR conversion, 280s, Opel.
Research all 4 options then go look for the associated parts, hubs etc that you need but narrow it down first.

Aside from that, braided lines, new fluid and upgraded master cylinder and servo. Check also solid lines and make sure they are 100%.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 9 2011, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Colm, who is giving you advice?

That's twice in as many days they have sent you astray.

Why would the brake upgrade need to be 5?

On your other thread Kevin and the lads have already outlined what you need to know based on their experience.
Rear discs by the way are not needed on a MK1 so you also have the option to stay on drums but fully refurb them. Discs would be better job and look better but are not necessary. Plenty of reading up on MK1 Owners club website also.

Up front -
You have a number of options from Rocco 256, TSR conversion, 280s, Opel.
Research all 4 options then go look for the associated parts, hubs etc that you need but narrow it down first.

Aside from that, braided lines, new fluid and upgraded master cylinder and servo. Check also solid lines and make sure they are 100%.
thanks mike
my dopey sons , mechanic friend has been given my son all this advice comes from a 21 year old guy , whos a mechanic in a main dealership in cork ( god love them )
i have found a great set of 4 hole 15 deep dish alloys thay i like , but he says that if i upgrade the brakes i will have to get 5 hole alloys ???
thanks again and sorry for all the trouble
colm

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.