Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as the house is taking all my time at the moment my MKII is still a VERY long way off track ready. A friend suggested a half day track in the summer so I plan to take out the MK1 for a bit. One thionk that concerns me is the sump. I was thinking of this , its for a G60 but says any 4cylinder VW, any differences between the DX and G60 oil pickup??
Clicky

QPE looms seems to be the straight forward option for a 20vt. But does any UK company connect a DTA ECU to a loom and send it back to you for simplicity. The reason of DTA over MBE is Martin Tracey maps DTA which is 20/25 mins from me and QPE are, well not!

One more think, what size boost pipes is on a 20v, I have 63mm OD stainless pipe that I plan on using.
ANy help appreciated
Paul

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Fairly sure they're the same, don't buy the windage tray off them, €70?? Get one from GSF for a diesel.

·
Registered
254 Posts
QUOTE (Plane @ Mar 1 2006, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seeing as the house is taking all my time at the moment my MKII is still a VERY long way off track ready. A friend suggested a half day track in the summer so I plan to take out the MK1 for a bit. One thionk that concerns me is the sump. I was thinking of this , its for a G60 but says any 4cylinder VW, any differences between the DX and G60 oil pickup??
Clicky

QPE looms seems to be the straight forward option for a 20vt. But does any UK company connect a DTA ECU to a loom and send it back to you for simplicity. The reason of DTA over MBE is Martin Tracey maps DTA which is 20/25 mins from me and QPE are, well not!

One more think, what size boost pipes is on a 20v, I have 63mm OD stainless pipe that I plan on using.
ANy help appreciated
Paul

The Schrick sump is a good job Paul, a good few of the lads use them (myself included) but you'd probably find a MK1 on road tyres will be fine with the std setup,fitting a Caddy windage tray would be a good idea, and cost a lot less and you can still use it with the Schrick if you get one at a later stage.

63mm OD pipework is fine.

Stealth Racing can supply you a DTA and loom for your 20v.

Tom

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the reply's lads. Much appreciated.
I think I will get the sump anyway as I have a plan for some experimenting on the MK1 with 16v's and R1 carbs. Time permitting! (house is more work than I bargained for)

·
There is a replacement for displacement, its calle
2,116 Posts
those schrick sumps look just great i just got one for the 16v

1 - 5 of 5 Posts