Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have had this in storage for a wile now
i need the bottom timing cover the rest is up for grabs if your fast all there engine complete
gearbox
driveshafts
hubs with discs

anyone needs anything let me know and i screw it off in the mornin
pm me or text me 07759 127 416 if im not online 2nigh

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Is there a fastway depot anywhere near you? I can send you up a prepaid label and a few quid for the hassle. Just want to experiment with a flat head.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont know about the depot but i know a fella that works for parcel force that knows the fella that delivers in town here for fastway ill pm me address if ya want how much of the head do you want hope this can help as much people as i can

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ive a 1.3 petrol golf mk1 with a 4 speed box, is tours a 5 speed box and would the gti 5 speed bolt on to the 1.3l engine??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (corradoman @ Apr 11 2011, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ive a 1.3 petrol golf mk1 with a 4 speed box, is tours a 5 speed box and would the gti 5 speed bolt on to the 1.3l engine??
as far as i know it will bolt on but the 5 speed box out of the gti is no good without a 5 speed linkage

QUOTE (Glenn @ Apr 11 2011, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That would be great. Don't mind it costing a few quid and giving you a few beer tokens too.
i meant how much of the head do ya want do you want rocker cover its just if i can spread it around il feel better

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
@T4 o EMY -is there an airbox or metering head on the engine?

@ Glenn - ive a few early 1.6 Gti engines; 3 in fact; one 'good engine to be built from the lot; there'd be a head 'spare' id say if you wanted it

@Corradoman -that mk1 Gti box wont work with the 'leaning forward' 1.3 mk1 engine, or even the later mk2 1.3 engine - it wont bolt up AFAIK... 1.6Gti engine 'leans back' in orientation...

·
5,500 Posts
that'd be sound Glenn; id certainly take you up on that!
theres a few other 'mk1 GTi' bits of the puzzle still missing, eg like a loom, but an airbox n metering head would definiteley be a step forward -cheers.

I havent taken the heads off any of the engines as yet; one hasnt run in years; mechanic I bought it from couldnt remember when he removed it, but he stuffed newspaper in the exhaust bores; took it out and twas the Indo from 1990!!

they all turn over tho, but id say theres surface rust on the cam etc from not seeing oil up there in years.

there is also a sirocco mk1 1.6 carb engine there, complete with head...

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
Lads, I'm after the throttle body for a mki gti. It's a 1.8 I have but the 1.6 fits too I think. I also need the timing belt covers.

I'd be willing to do some driving to get it but it would be next week.

·
5,500 Posts
Id say id have a spare T/B cover with the vw/audi rings on it, and the lower covers. Theres a spare throttle body there also but the butterflies are stuck...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
box and hubs gone as i said i need bottom cover but mite be able to help with that loom as i think i kept the one outa the jetta but was for the series 1 dash bdont know if thats the same

·
dan
2,242 Posts
QUOTE (T4 0 EMY @ Apr 11 2011, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>box and hubs gone as i said i need bottom cover but mite be able to help with that loom as i think i kept the one outa the jetta but was for the series 1 dash bdont know if thats the same
i could use a series 1 dash loom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.