1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I've had no luck with my front brakes.
I replaced the BACK discs and pads etc.
When I bled the brakes a couple of hours driving later my front brakes started to lock up.
mostly the drivers side.
I've replaced the flexi lines...and the caliper and now I replaced the master cylinder.
problem is still the same.
Please please please does anyone have any idea.
All I can think of now is the ABS Pump/block.
I've spent close to 300 already on this issue.
and I have called several mechanics.
any ideas????????
Cheers
D

·
'Black Balled' member
5,500 Posts
is the ABS light on?...even occasionally? ...if so You will need to do an ABS bleed/purge via VCDS/VAGCOM.
Presumably the front calipers etc are in good nick? Any fluid loss on replacing the lines?? I fit a knackered cut n bunged old brake hose immediately after uncoupling brake hoses on renewing them, especially on ABS equipped cars... if an air-bubble finds its way back to the ABS unit it can cause also sorts of problems...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Mar 26 2015, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is the ABS light on?...even occasionally? ...if so You will need to do an ABS bleed/purge via VCDS/VAGCOM.
Presumably the front calipers etc are in good nick? Any fluid loss on replacing the lines?? I fit a knackered cut n bunged old brake hose immediately after uncoupling brake hoses on renewing them, especially on ABS equipped cars... if an air-bubble finds its way back to the ABS unit it can cause also sorts of problems...
Hi...cheers for reply.
ive done a bleed using the vag.com
it wasnt very lear on exact process. ..confusing to say the least.
anyway...got a 2nd hand good abs module today.
fitted it...still have the same issue.
Alilers are both good.
revreased etc...even replaced one to be aure.
new flexi hoses...new master cylinder. ..
im really at a loss now.
all.i can think.of is to leave it into a vw dealer and take the hit.
Bloody annoyed.
Theres nothing left to change...from valiper to master cylinder all has been done.
is there anyway a vacum issue could.cause this locking up?
Cheers
D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts