Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Reserve is met. Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it and obviously there are people who will pay over 7k sterling for it. Fucking crazy if you ask me. Just think what you could actually buy for that money.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its obviously the ultimate Mk II for someone where money is no object - but im afraid money (or lack of ) is a very awkward object for most people.

I somehow feel though that this Gti as good as it is looks is a bit too common in its red paint.

It good though that I have a Mk II already as if I had seen that before I had one god only knows what would have happened.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ebay is the best place for it. It would be impossible for the owner to put a price on it so stick it on ebay and let the ebayaholics bid there socks off. Imagine sticking it in the autotrader for 6,900. You would probably get phone calls from people just pissing themselves laughing at the other end.

Some anal anorak will probably buy it and put it in his shed and sit there each night telling himself its the best example in the world and never actually drive it . Id love to get my hands on it and drive the ring out of it just for the sake of it.

Noting wrong with red paint when its that flawless. Apart from Blue its the only other non-boring color on a mk2.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (markmcie @ Feb 3 2006, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Id love to get my hands on it and drive the ring out of it just for the sake of it.

Exactly!!! So would I, that's what it was made for, driving the stones off!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Winning bid: £7,100.00 (Reserve met)

A lot of cash...... why was there need to replace brake disks and pads and exhaust after only 20,000 miles????

nice car though

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
wow. thats some price. Im sure the seller is over the moon.

I imagine corrosion has got the better of the brakes and exhaust. Even if it was dry stored. Sure things like timing belts, brake pipes, suspension bushes and other perishable parts would also be deteriorated with age.

Just one dodgy thing about the bidding history. Why have some people big against themselves and pushed the price up. Makes you wonder.

·
Registered
701 Posts
i wouldnt say thats people bidding against themselves, if you use the ebay bidding thing where you up the bid bit by bit, is that not the way it shows up? that dosnt make sense what ive wrote, hope you get what i mean!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah we do - if the person your bidding against has set a maximum bid much higher than the current bid you have to bid repeatedly in order to outbid him.

It then appears from the bidding history that you have been bidding against yourself when in fact what you have been trying to do is to become the current highest bidder. I see that as a good sign.

Its the guy who suddenly appears and makes a one off bid up of £2,000 over the current price that you have to watch out for.

Somehow I feel we will be seeing this car on ebay again shortly - I have my doubts the buyer will actually go through with the sale - especially with a rating of 0.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts