Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Well, the mk4 Gti is gone to a new home in Kerry, I had been thinking about changing it for age's, baby seats and 3dr cars don't really go well together!
I seen that my old 2006 vRS was up for sale, I sold it back in January '10 to Paddy, oconnpad on here.
It has been advertised on here since June, I thought it would have been snapped up long ago, but I kept checking the ad and it was still available, then over Christmas, I arranged to view the car, not expecting it to be anywhere as clean as it turned out to be, no disrespect to Paddy, it was exactly as I had sold it!!
I done a deal with him there and then, based on me selling my Gti!! which I did eventually.....

The spec is the usual Irish spec vRS, all electrics, maxidot display, climate control, cruise control plus 18'' zenith alloys etc etc,
Anyway, I never had a build thread for this car when I had it before, so I'll do a quick run through of what's been added up to now,

I'll get better pictures up over the next while, sorry Paddy, I've robbed a few of your picture's!! I can only find a few of my old pics!!

The first thing I added was a Skoda RNS510/Columbus touchscreen sat nav system, brilliant bit of kit, I'm sure you all know what they are by now, 30GB HDD, DVD player etc....

I then added a carbon air intake, bought from the US,

The ride height was something I didn't like, so I added a H&R cup kit, bought and fitted by Keith,
I got the rear window's tinted to a light, oem look factory tint!

I also fitted a set of German plates, Skoda reg plate surrounds, aluminium vRS seat inserts and footrest,

I also added a set of oem looking HID's into the projector's.

Here's a pic from a few years ago, after a good clean, before the car was lowered though....

Here it was in the snow just before I sold it in Jan '10,

As I'm sure you all expect, I have loads of plans for it, will have to wait a while though, until the bank account recovers!

For now, I'm just going to enjoy it.... again

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, the basic's are all there! Normally my first night after buying a new car involve's ordering a set of decent reg plates, and buying some other cosmetic bit's and bob's, but I've already done that first time round!! LOL
Tyre's and a service are first up but I'll leave the serious bit's for a while yet......

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
K04....

Best of luck with it Mark.

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (The Undertaker @ Jan 21 2012, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mark,

good to see the old girl back with you and no more that me , no more money will be spent modifying it.. but get a set of 20MM spacers on the back of it

I was going to get 15mm spacers, I read that 20mm will rub on the cup kit with 18'' zeniths?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Rubbing... and ??

I have now a list of roads I cant travel on when the Helios are on the golf. Front and rear arches are showing the results of coming in contact with the sessantas.

Missus has stopped driving it all together . Hooray

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.