Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Driving home last night the Golf started to splutter.
I stopped at the lights and everything seemed fine.
when i tried to take off i could only get it to crawl along then it fired and off i went.
Since then everytime that i try to accelerate it starts to jerk a couple of times then starts to move.

Any ideas?
I've been told that it may be the leads?
Its a 1.4 if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Could be the distrubtor, mine went on my old mk3. Changed fuel filter, leads, oil,plugs even took the carb apart but it was the dizzy in the end.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No just a CL model.

Gave it to the mechanic. he seem s to think its the leads, but didn't give me great confidence when i told him that it runs fine when the engine is cold and only starts to splutter when the engine is warm.

Fingers crossed its nothing major any way.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
QUOTE (Golfer98 @ Mar 2 2006, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No just a CL model.

Gave it to the mechanic. he seem s to think its the leads, but didn't give me great confidence when i told him that it runs fine when the engine is cold and only starts to splutter when the engine is warm.

Fingers crossed its nothing major any way.

Had a similar problem with my golf, very similar..... Turned out to be the leads. They'd been rubbing together and were shorting.... Cheap fix!
Good luck.....

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think the 1.4's are single point injection, the Rubber flagne under the throttle body usely split up the seems so that also could be your answer!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got her Back last night. He changed the leads and its running sweet as a nut again.

he said its a very common thing in Golfs and polos.
Thanks for all the Help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts