Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kev Kev
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying another mk2 and a lad I know has one he selling pretty cheaply but the only thing with it is that the previous owner was a mechince and when he was done with the car it was apparently written up as scraped

now I am wondering is it possible to get a logbook for it I've been looking into it alreaddy and all I have found is the 134 form which is for a lost tax book so is it a case of just filling that and going to the gardi or is it condemed for ever?

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
If it has been put down as scrapped you need to get an engineers repost done among other things to get the book back, it's a bit of hassle so the car would want to be good to make it worth your while but it can be done.

It might not have been scrapped though so you could try applying for a new book first and seeing what happens.

·
Registered
574 Posts
QUOTE (mk2CL @ Apr 17 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am thinking of buying another mk2 and a lad I know has one he selling pretty cheaply but the only thing with it is that the previous owner was a mechince and when he was done with the car it was apparently written up as scraped

now I am wondering is it possible to get a logbook for it I've been looking into it alreaddy and all I have found is the 134 form which is for a lost tax book so is it a case of just filling that and going to the gardi or is it condemed for ever?
ring your local motor tax office and ask for a replacement book , i got one done from cork and the previous guy dident actually sign the form , so they gave me a new book cost €12 and you have to get the form off the tax office first ," replacement book form "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.