Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Got one on ebay for my dads after he dropped it, was from china €18 have it about 6 months and its still going strong? Their fairly pricey elsewhere

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
QUOTE (Slyn130PD @ Jan 27 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got one on ebay for my dads after he dropped it, was from china €18 have it about 6 months and its still going strong? Their fairly pricey elsewhere
^^^ good advice

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Slyn130PD @ Jan 27 2009, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got one on ebay for my dads after he dropped it, was from china €18 have it about 6 months and its still going strong? Their fairly pricey elsewhere
how long did it take to arrive?? ill go mad without my internet

·
CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
4,411 Posts
You can get an Universal charger from Maplins.. Usualy around 50 or 60 quid..

Also some toshiba laptops have problems with the powerjack on the motherboard, some can be repaired for free by toshiba...... you might try a different charger or wiggle the connection around and see does the charging light come on.. before you buy a charger...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
QUOTE (sean w @ Jan 27 2009, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>how long did it take to arrive?? ill go mad without my internet

Jes i think it was about 8 days, not all that long really you might find one in the U.K or somewhere in Europe, dads was a toshiba to.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. its defo the charger. tried a different one ad it works perfect. i thought it was the power jack as it was loose so i opened it up and glued it back in place. it only plugs ino the motherboard. i thought it would be soldered...

·
CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
4,411 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts