Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads, i got a new cv joint fitted to my 04 audi a4 tdi about 2 months ago and recently i have started to hear a clicking or slight knocking noise in that area again when turning left or right....it does not happen until i drive a few miles then i hear it, i had a local mechanic look at it and he said no grease was leaking from the boot and it seemed fine but does any1 no what it could be??? Thanks

·
Banned
389 Posts
QUOTE (AlanMcC @ Apr 24 2011, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi lads, i got a new cv joint fitted to my 04 audi a4 tdi about 2 months ago and recently i have started to hear a clicking or slight knocking noise in that area again when turning left or right....it does not happen until i drive a few miles then i hear it, i had a local mechanic look at it and he said no grease was leaking from the boot and it seemed fine but does any1 no what it could be??? Thanks

Out of interest is your car lowered??

·
Registered
200 Posts
QUOTE (AlanMcC @ Apr 28 2011, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>no it isnt lowered atal, the clicking only happens occasionally and only when turning left and on the very rare time when goin right

Had something similar and it was a control arm - making a kind of thunk sound randomly when turning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.