Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, hopefully someone can help on this!

Just collected a Lupo and the only problem (not really a problem!) is the remote central locking doesn't work. The red light in the key flashes when the buttons are pressed but doesn't lock or unlock the car.

Is this something that can be sorted with VAG-COM or is it a dealer only job?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone offer any insight to this?

Was on to McAllisters in Swords and the guy I was talking with said the transponder could be gone, which is €75+vat then €60odd+vat to code it :/

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Anybody with vcds can do it for you. PM someone on the vcds list. I'd put a new battery in just in case.

The remotes can be gotten for a lot less than that. Post back here if the current one wont re-code.

EDIT: Heres the list of vcds owners:
http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41765

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 26 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anybody with vcds can do it for you. PM someone on the vcds list. I'd put a new battery in just in case.

The remotes can be gotten for a lot less than that. Post back here if the current one wont re-code.

EDIT: Heres the list of vcds owners:
http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41765
I thought that but I had a read of this and people mentioned the SKC and there was no real answer as to whether Vag-Com could do it. I'll get on to one or two members with vcds and see if they can help out.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (benji_ @ Apr 26 2011, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought that but I had a read of this and people mentioned the SKC and there was no real answer as to whether Vag-Com could do it. I'll get on to one or two members with vcds and see if they can help out.

Cheers!
The skc is needed to code the key to the immobiliser so the key will start the car. Its not needed to code the central locking remote.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Getting back to this, was out with JD-GTI and he tried to code the key to the car, but came across a problem or two. Vagcom was only showing one key coded to the car, not too much of a problem. When trying to code the key, it wasn't working. Checked the fault codes and there was one showing a fault with the central locking system, strange because it all works fine. (One turn of the key in the door, drivers door opens, second turn and the passenger door opens) button the the drivers door opens and locks the door as it should and the alarm works as it should too.

Cleared the fault code and tried coding the key as key 1 and 2, but it wouldn't save from within vagcom, I've tried to do the coding through the key tun method and it hasn't worked.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Have you tried a new remote?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (kevinm @ May 30 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you tried a new remote?
No, I havn't. I'm basing my assumptions on what McAllisters said to me today. They checked the car and tried to recode the key, but it wouldn't code. The guy did mention the remote may be gone, but I doubt it, I could be wrong though. Whats making me think it's the convenience module is the fact that neither key will code, I'm thinking if it was the remote, surely one would?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (benji_ @ May 30 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, I havn't. I'm basing my assumptions on what McAllisters said to me today. They checked the car and tried to recode the key, but it wouldn't code. The guy did mention the remote may be gone, but I doubt it, I could be wrong though. Whats making me think it's the convenience module is the fact that neither key will code, I'm thinking if it was the remote, surely one would?
Ah I didnt realise you had 2 remotes. Its unlikely alright that both remotes have had it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, I have two remotes and neither work. Having said that, one is dodgy, but does work most of the time (by work, I mean the light flashes on it). Is the convenience module easy to fit yourself do you know, or is it something only a dealer could do? Is it worth buying a second hand one?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have no knowledge on Lupo electrics. I would still rule out the remotes for sure first. Is it the standard 2 button flip key you have?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (GSBellew @ May 31 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The remotes could be the wrong frequency or an incompatible part number to what the CCM needs.
I'm thinking the same. My etka doesnt list a remote key for the lupo.

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
Mine does not list a flip key but does list a standard type key with remote locking, 4 different part numbers as follow:

3B0 959 753 G 433.92 - 434.42 Mhz

3B0 959 753 L 433.92 - 434.42 Mhz

3B0 959 753 F 315 Mhz

3B0 959 753 J 315 Mhz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.