1.4 (won't get caught speeding anyways
)

Plans: iPhone Intergration, Coilovers,Upgraded Speakers then sell it

Pictures:

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (chrisc @ Feb 25 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why wud u put dosh in it and then sell it??

We be lucky these days to get a quater back of the money we put in to cars.

Have to agree no point in putting money into a car just to sell it as your not going to get your money back, especially on audio gear like speakers that people wont even see.

Nice looking car

·
Premium Member
3,798 Posts
Nice mk4, but unless you got it for pittance, don't expect to mod and sell it for profit.
I think that's the first thing anyone on here has to realise, that you'll never get back all of the money, and certainly none of the time you'll put into modding a car. For me it's done for my own hobby and enjoyment.

But each to their own.

·
Registered
324 Posts
QUOTE (SapphoDUB @ Feb 25 2011, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry lads I think I may have came across wrong. I will sell it lets say 4-5 months after the mods are carried out. It's no money making operation

Was thinking that alrite, lower it job done!!!

Keep it for as long as u can, get a few years no claims, get older ha.

Then get somthing with a bit of power and mod it as much as u like.

Im only saying this from experience, i got a small claim when i was 18 and put around 8 G into a 1.4

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i pulled the finger out and gave the car a wash today.
Fitted german plates (without cutouts) with sticky pads and i'm 110% sure they're gonna fall off

I used glossworx on the paint, Autoglym fast class on the windows and chem guys extreme vrt on the plastics. All products are a1 quality was very impressed with glossworx thanks to the guys at cleancar.ie for supplying it.

Wouldn't advise anyone to clean their car ever. Because that is how you'll learn how scratched and f*cked your paint is

Was thinking about the halfords scratch repair kits anyone got any experience with them?

Anyway got a few bits on the way from germany/belgium

Pics are shockingly bad and taken at random times during the wash will take some decent one with my good camera soon.

Next up on the list in terms of big spending is coilovers which should be ordered soon. And maybe a nice treat inside treat or three

Wanted to do a whole 'method thing on the wash. I used the two bucket method. Google it and copy the detailing world guy he knows what he's doing.

Anyway you get the dirt off firstly using a hose on a low setting at a shallow angle. like so.

Then you wash the car with a soapy microfibre/wash mit

Rinse it
Then dry it

Wheels
Before

During

and after

and a pic taken as i was reeling in the hose

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.