Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Aircooled heads for oop norf have formed the Irish Dub Alliance!
Its a club strictly for aircooled veedubz looking for some strip / 1/4mile action!
Yeap theyve got involved with their local drag/ drift event organiser and he's even given them their own class to race in!

Time to get me finger out and build that 2.3 bug Ive always wanted!

seriously though, Im going to get something going for this as soon as I get a donor car! The biggest motor so far is only a 1776 as far as I know!

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Mar 25 2006, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some Aircooled heads for oop norf have formed the Irish Dub Alliance!
Its a club strictly for aircooled veedubz looking for some strip / 1/4mile action!
Yeap theyve got involved with their local drag/ drift event organiser and he's even given them their own class to race in!

Time to get me finger out and build that 2.3 bug Ive always wanted!

seriously though, Im going to get something going for this as soon as I get a donor car! The biggest motor so far is only a 1776 as far as I know!

think theyre racing at aghadowey.heard rumours one of the scooby drivers had changed his 2.0 to a 2.5 and was transplanting his 2litre into a bug to take over the 2wd unlimited class.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Mar 25 2006, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>seriously though, Im going to get something going for this as soon as I get a donor car! The biggest motor so far is only a 1776 as far as I know!

there's a chap in Dublin with a 2.4 type 4 motor with Porsche cooling in his blue '02, and another guy with a 2.0 type 4 motor in his bug in Cork/West Waterford. I'm in the process of the 2.0T Subaru transplant, there's a fella in Wicklow with a 2.2 litre n/a Legacy engine in his '03, Martin Murray in Tipperary has a 2.1 Type 1 engine AFAIK, Oliver from Cork has a 1776 type 1, a beetle stretch limo was imported into the North recently with a 2.1 type 1 motor, and there's members of the IDA building hot type 1 engines as we speak.

They're out there alright...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There out there, so lets see em all out there together!

I still havnt got a bug, typical when you've cash in your pocket and are waiting!

Missed the Volksworlld show, my fault for leaving to long to book tickets and they shot up to 200 lids! My mates where there but said there was nuffin worth buying!

Looks like I'll be headin to Sweden to see wot I can get, all I want is a small window, wide 5 bug, hvnt got the budget for a clean oval but you never know!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Dirty1, mines an 1835cc doesn't sound like much but it was well built and did 14.2 seconds
in Stretchs (v.light) motor in the VWDRC and 15.9 (so far) in my full weight oval, so should be good for a laugh.

As Trev said, the motors are out there, you just don't get to hear about them, but I'm sure once PaulC gets
IDA up and running fully they'll all come out of their garages and sheds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mines a stripped 1300 and a complete 1600 sitting on the shed floor and as for the ride to put it in, well thats just a dream!!! The 1600 was in my ole 79 bay panel when i dragged it against Rikki James Split at the Pod in 99, 24 secs an terminal speed of 54mph, wicked...........

Have a good soild chassis,71 1200, but the bodys off at the mo and v. rotten, can be done just too much work for me at mo, thinkin of gettin a Buggy tub an cutting the pan, only the pans too good to cut!

Have my Baja shitter project too, cud build a decent motor for that an fit smaller rear wheels for draggin! I intend fittin 15x 10j rims with 33in 4x4 tyres! buy the time I get to do anything with tht it will be an extremely light weight body cos it been sittin in the rain in bare metal for 4 years!!!!

Still waitin for a clean small window bug to come along and ask me to buy it!!!!!

Too much other shit to do before I get to work on my bugs!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fastest rice is 13.????sec, thats poor, it was wet wasnt it, or was that one called off?

wot sort of responce did you guys get from the jap guys?

13's is well achieveable in a bug!
Chuck out half the crap and out with thhe hole saw!

Come on the IDA!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I didn't make it up, Paul C can fill you in with the details.

Club member and Greenheart, Neal (SpeckyVWfreak) ran a 13.2 straight off
the motorway at Santa pod at the weekend, a time that would have put him in the top spot
if he had run it at Bishopscourt.
He reckons slicks will give him a "12"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats the sh1t!!!

Guys here wouldnt believe it, they'd never think you'd get those kinda times for the money involved.

Cant wait to see a quick bug in IRL running 13's or less

1 - 14 of 14 Posts