1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
scary...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
read a blogger on CNET that actually said "privacy is so 1980s".........I wonder if other phones do so without apps --- my daughter downloaded an app but has since removed it..........well I hope it's removed.......

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Are ya getting worried Kevin?

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 20 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are ya getting worried Kevin?

nah Mike, I don't have an iPhone.

I have a whyPhone

Like people ask me, "why do you have such a shitty phone?"

My next phone will have big buttons.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts

On a serious note though, I'm wondering does it matter if you can be tracked or not?

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray&#33;&#33;&#
5,614 Posts
thats exactly it mike. i don't see what the issue is with it to be honest. i mean look at the biggest thread on this site is a thread full of people simply telling people where other people are/were in most cases giving accurate times and locations.

i've an iphone4 and this doesn't really bother me at all.

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 21 2011, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they should be way more acurate than that. I have a cycle tracking app fo rthe iphone that's accurate to within about 3-5feet.
Was testing it last night whiel out and about for accuracy.

i know! but thats using gps/gprs etc, im talking about just using the network signal from the phone.

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
ah that makes sense - GPRS / tower triangualtion isn't as accurate. Again though isn't it an opt in service ? I knwo cops can acces sit but they usually need a warrant. Presume, you use it to monitor staff movement on patrol ?

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 21 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it's the right to choose that's the issue
We shoudl be able to have an option to turn it off.

If you want privacy you shoudl eb abel to achieve it as an option.

QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 21 2011, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they should be way more acurate than that. I have a cycle tracking app fo rthe iphone that's accurate to within about 3-5feet.
Was testing it last night whiel out and about for accuracy.

Jesus Dec you could do with a spell-check app too

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 21 2011, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Presume, you use it to monitor staff movement on patrol ?

yeah someting like that.....

sms tracking is actually quite good on another note, you get the sim to auto send its location every say 6 mins and the softwear reads it and flags it up on a map, if u want to live track u dial in to the sim (it needs to be bill lol tp pay for the txts btw) and it will just broad cast its location.....cheap and cool, but easy to jam.

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 21 2011, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AOCDRNDICG TO RSCHEEARCH AT CMABRIGDE UINERVTISY, IT DSENO'T MTAETR WAHT OERDR THE LTTERES IN A WROD ARE, THE OLNY IPROAMTNT TIHNG IS TAHT THE FRSIT AND LSAT LTTEER BE IN THE RGHIT PCLAE. TIHS IS BCUSEAE THE HUAMN MNID DEOS NOT RAED ERVEY LTETER BY ISTLEF, BUT THE WROD AS A WLOHE
Reads better than text speak anyway!

·
Addicted to Amaroks...
1,202 Posts
QUOTE (conord @ Apr 21 2011, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thats exactly it mike. i don't see what the issue is with it to be honest. i mean look at the biggest thread on this site is a thread full of people simply telling people where other people are/were in most cases giving accurate times and locations.

i've an iphone4 and this doesn't really bother me at all.

I agree completely with that, the little arrow in the top bar light up occasionally and I know its recording the location
At the end of the day if your doing something you shouldn't, just flick on air plane mode! Unless your Jason Bourne I dont get the big deal?
Also being able to find my phone when I inevitably lose it is a big plus

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
QUOTE (TD91 @ Apr 21 2011, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree completely with that, the little arrow in the top bar light up occasionally and I know its recording the location
At the end of the day if your doing something you shouldn't, just flick on air plane mode! Unless your Jason Bourne I dont get the big deal?
Also being able to find my phone when I inevitably lose it is a big plus

you know people make millions of YOUR information right? and adding ur location to this info mean marketing will be even more targeted and thus YOUR info is worth more.....

and your habits easy to spot by where u go. being tracked be it for marketing or more isnt a good thing....that info can do alot of damage in the wrong hand (well worse hands then were it is)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
QUOTE (Razor @ Apr 21 2011, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you know people make millions of YOUR information right? and adding ur location to this info mean marketing will be even more targeted and thus YOUR info is worth more.....

and your habits easy to spot by where u go. being tracked be it for marketing or more isnt a good thing....that info can do alot of damage in the wrong hand (well worse hands then were it is)

God is always watching! Him and Steve Jobs!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.