Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to be putting up another insurance question but i have one or 2 things i need answered.
As of yesterday i'm the owner of a mk2 scirocco. basically i'm wondering whats the easiest and cheapest way to get me insured on this? i'm 20 and have 3 years claim free driving. i have a policy for my polo with quinn already,but was wondering can i run the scirocco as a second car,just for the summer?can i get a classic policy if im under 25? any advice would be great,cheers.

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (GT TDI 170 @ Apr 19 2011, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if you are with quinn, you could run it on there third party extension policy...?? Did ya try that..?

havn't tried that yet. anymore details on how it works?

·
Bitches be crazy.
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (pernod @ Apr 19 2011, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don,t think you will get a policy for classic if your under 25 or maby im thinkin of vintage insurance,basically your age is gonna be a problem.

ha,of course. still a young driver,so you're bound to have that i guess.

·
Low&#39;N&#39;Wide
480 Posts
QUOTE (PVW @ Apr 19 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>havn't tried that yet. anymore details on how it works?

As far as I know, the car has to be in somebody elses name and be taxed and NCT'd. You need to have a full driving license also!
Think thats it really? I stand to be corrected though.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
One word of advice if you put it in someone else's name (parents are useful for it) get a classic policy in their name just for the sake of it. Means you've a disc on the windscreen and the car won't be flashing up on A.N.P.R. for having no insurance.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I was ringing around trying to get classic insurance for a mk2 rocco too but nobody would give it to me due to my age. I got plenty of quotes around €300-€360 for a 3k mileage policy but the second they heard I was 22 they said sorry have to be 25. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did man.

·
Registered
959 Posts
123.ie are very good, give them ago. but they dont do window screen cover (rather annoying unless you pay for their top rate of cover)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.