Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads, quick one here, I'm wondering has anyone any ideas?

My insurance expires this Sunday night (at midnight I assume) and stupidly I just didn't get round to renewing it yet, I intended to do it today. I just rang the broker I deal with - closed for Good Friday, and I assume they will be closed on Monday too. I then called the actual insurance company that underwrite the policy (Allianz) and its the same problem - call centre is closed.! Balls!!!

I wonder am I now uninsured from Sunday night through to Tuesday morning (when the country eventually wakes up again?)... Worst comes to worst, I'll just leave it parked up for the duration, but I'd also worry then about theft, etc!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (T J Hooker @ Apr 22 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll ring a friend that works in Aviva and find out the legalities for you.

Thanks a million.
I'm not overly worried really, I can manage without the car for the one day... but it would be in the back of my mind that some undesirable takes a shine to it in the car park or the car park goes on fire - sods law

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
Contact both, broker and insurance company by email to confirm that you are looking to renew your policy, and that you are aware that your current policy runs out on (date) and you are looking for the policy to continued, and to contact you as soon as possible.
It will be in writing and would have legal standing...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have heard that you get x days of grace after you expire, try googling that

did you try online quotes? they they effect as soon as you enter your credit card details.

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
yes you get x number days of grace....but the email would help in the event of anything (touch wood)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks lads,

Yeah, I'd heard about the grace days before alright... but to be on the safe side I'll just park it up out of harms way on Monday and I'll send the email too, as suggested - good idea, thanks!

Another option is just to go and get an online quote with another company such as 123.ie but I'd rather avoid doing that as I'm happy enough with my current crowd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.