·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Which car?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Mk4 Golf. I should have sold you my Mk4 Haynes manual

Seriously, it'd be worth picking one up, dead handy for doing things like that.

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (thos @ Feb 9 2006, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mk4 Golf. I should have sold you my Mk4 Haynes manual

Seriously, it'd be worth picking one up, dead handy for doing things like that.

Heres the front bumper its a piece of piss honestly - the only tricky thing is the bonnet latch be gentle with her!

http://www.pocketrocket.ca/mk4_bumper_headlight.html

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Handy site that!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
[quote name='cyrus' date='Feb 9 2006, 08:06 PM' post='8346']
any idea on rear?

To remove the rear bumper you have to remove the taillights first. Then there is 1 or 2 torx heads screws and a plastic plug with a pin in it visible once taillights are removed. careful with this as its very easy to lose the little plastic pin. you then have to unscrew the wheel arch liners 3 screws approx each side. there is also some torx head screws underneath the bumper near the centre. The bumper should then slide off backwards. This is much easier and safer to do with two people so you dont damage the bumper. Note disconnect the reg lights on the left hand side first. they are plugged in on the inside just below taillight and feed the connector out through the rubber grommit. Hope this helps, its a while since I took mine off.

Con

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
I,ve a few nice little sites like that tony - there should be a how to sticky created somewhere to post them up in.great thing about MK 4 golf how to's is that they are nearly always also jetta/bora how to's aswell.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Wolfsburg_TDI @ Feb 10 2006, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I,ve a few nice little sites like that tony - there should be a how to sticky created somewhere to post them up in.great thing about MK 4 golf how to's is that they are nearly always also jetta/bora how to's aswell.

fair play man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts