Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister asked me to ask you guys and girls as to how much her 05 1.4 Bora is worth. Its spotless with full VW service history and 2 years test

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (Lee @ Apr 22 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My sister asked me to ask you guys and girls as to how much her 05 1.4 Bora is worth. Its spotless with full VW service history and 2 years test
Mileage would be very handy for this!

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (Mo Ryan @ Apr 22 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Probably gonna have to give a few more details like milage and mods but if mileage isnt outrageous and its more or less stock id say in or around 2 grand?
Surley its worth more than that I sold the brothers 01 Golf 1.6 for 2.5k. The OP should have a look at done deal and Carzone, Take a bit off the carzone prices as there usually overpriced!

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
€2000 for a 05 Bora?
Even €3500 is too cheap in my opinion. Maybe I am way off but I would have thought a clean 05 Bora with fresh test was worth €4000 at least and more like €4500 if very clean as stated.

·
Treffen-Heaven
2,295 Posts
QUOTE (KevC @ Apr 22 2011, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Surley its worth more than that I sold the brothers 01 Golf 1.6 for 2.5k. The OP should have a look at done deal and Carzone, Take a bit off the carzone prices as there usually overpriced!

I just had a look on CBG there and theres a fair few going for alot nearer a grand! Presuming theres something wrong with the rock bottom ones (I didnt go into ads), and the fact that this one has the full tes, I just said 2 grand!

And i know its not much, but would the bigger engine have given your brothers golf that little leg up?

Also, would it be true to say that golfs are more desireable than boras?

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (Mo Ryan @ Apr 22 2011, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just had a look on CBG there and theres a fair few going for alot nearer a grand! Presuming theres something wrong with the rock bottom ones (I didnt go into ads), and the fact that this one has the full tes, I just said 2 grand!

And i know its not much, but would the bigger engine have given your brothers golf that little leg up?

Also, would it be true to say that golfs are more desireable than boras?
The bigger engine did it no favours anyway, one is worse than the other with the smaller been more popular here for tax and insurance. Golf more desirable yes but I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference in the prices as cars get older with both model residuals been fairly low anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.