Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
AFAIK the yeti doesn't share a platform with the tiguan, skoda thought it was too expensive so they raided the older VAG parts bin!

Wheres that "anorak" detail pic when you need it....

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Limited help but this was our view.
We nearly bought one instead of the A3 in 08 but it was when there was only a limited engine range on release.
We felt it was limited in size compared to a car so the price tag didn't make sense. Boot seemed quite small (relative).
The 1.4t also felt under powered. The 2.0 tdi I'm sure is a total different proposition engine wise but the size would still remain an issue but maybe ok fir you.
It is a nice looking motor though.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Drove one from edinburgh to lock ness back in feb. Pretty comfortable, mpg's weren't bad,nice quiet engine. Was never going to set the world alight in performance but then again, it's not meant to. The interior was poverty spec but thats probably because it was a rental.
Will you be using it for pulling trailers or off road?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea will b towing the horse box now and again and where i live if it snows we r screwed so the 4 motion wpuld b great . I had a spin in one from commons road navan, and was very impressed with it .
It had all the bells and whistles on it. It would b for head office as i have a caddy myself .
sure will c wat happens.
keep theviews coming lads

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
You need to get Yvonne to test drive a Skoda Superb 4x4 estate Stu , another nice alternative
Having said that , i seen a serious looking white Tiguan R line in Donnellys Enniskillen recently
Looked the biz

·
Resident Trucker
2,195 Posts
Drove one that Dad had out from Agnews it was the 2.0tdi 140 4mo and I thought it was a cracking car not too slow but the grip with the 4mo for a jeep it could fairly handle might be a bit underpowered towing a horsebox though. Comfortable jeep and the one we had was fairly specced. I feel there a bit expensive for what they are too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ ray. yea i was on to von ages ago about an a4 avant but she is not to hot on estates...
seen a white r line in virginia at the wkend and thats what put the idea in my head it looked class.

@ poloomint6Ns . i pull the hosre box with the caddy but it just doesnt like the fields to much. the caddy is remapped so dont
really find it to bad at all. A remap would sort out the tiguan to i would think .

cheers lads .

·
Resident Trucker
2,195 Posts
A 140bhp TDI with a remap would be a cracker. I have to say I was really surprised with it if I was in the market I would be interested in one. They are a bit expensive but your buying VW so at least your buying decent. Just loved the way the 4 motion gripped and the way it drove considering it a jeep. I went down proper back roads quicker than I would have in the Polo when it had the lowering shocks and springs. The road is that bad my sumpguard gets stuck on it its more a lane than a back road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.