Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently bought my first GTI I am still getting used to driving a powerful car after my 1.4 golf. However I know that the novelty will soon wear off and I will want to get a even more power under my ar$e!! Basically I am fairly ignorant when it comes to options to increase the performance of the 1.8T (150 bhp) engine and I need any advise available. My questions include, what is the best option, chip or remap? What is the difference? What sort of an increase in torque and bhp can I realistically expect? Will there be a major repercussion for fuel economy? what sort of money will it cost and where is the best place to get it done!!!

Thanks,

Daragh.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Used to have a 150 bhp mkiv. I got it revo'd and never looked back. A totally different car, check out www.revotechnik.com. Follow the links...

Personally I found the economy better, alot more pull due to the massive torque increase...

·
Registered
270 Posts
This one has been done to death!!!

Try using the search facilities on the site.

There was a full thread discussing the similarities/differences between chip and remap last January. Have a search for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Mar 2 2006, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This one has been done to death!!!

There was a full thread discussing the similarities/differences between chip and remap last January. Have a search for it.

Sorry

·
Registered
270 Posts
No need to get all offended.

All I'm saying is that the info is there already cos I remember reading it in various posts.

A quick search will turn it up for you

·
Registered
875 Posts
Maybe a KO3S and larger cooler. Kamikaze. it's slippery slope, there will never be enough power. Welcome to the dark side.

john

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Mar 2 2006, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This one has been done to death!!!

Ha ha not gettin offended!!! Just apologisin for not doin a search before I asked the question!!!
Thinkin I mite look into a remap to start with and maybe go from there!!! It seems the least hassle!!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why not try a cold air intake like a carbonio? I have one on mine. Nice sound off it when you put your foot down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts