Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tallaght bypass, black with sign writing but I'm almost positive it had a red grill, 17s and the calipers..

Would somebody do such a thing??

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Thought I saw a GTI with the blacked-out rears which looked too dark to be tint.

Glenn mentioned before that MSL would do a van version, so it sounds plausible !

·
It's Michael for fecks sake!
1,779 Posts
The mkv vans come with frosted glass though. If you dont carry passengers much a GTI van is a good idea because it works out a lot cheaper due to van vrt.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Feb 28 2006, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The mkv vans come with frosted glass though. If you dont carry passengers much a GTI van is a good idea because it works out a lot cheaper due to van vrt.

Mkv vans come in as cars and have the seats taken out and a panel fitted to the inside of the rear windows!

Would be a cheap Gti with the Tax back!

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
yeah, it would work out a cheap GTI, also dont forget its only just over 250 euro to tax a year.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
And you dont pay full wack on the options either

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Feb 28 2006, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And you dont pay full wack on the options either

I think you do coz when I was pricing the 2.0L TDI Golf Van, which isnt part of the VW commecrial offering, the options were dearer for a converted 2.0L TDI than something with a smaller engine.
I was told that coz it was coming in as a car first and then being converted that standard vrt rules apply on higher spec cars. So in the case of the GTI, you're still paying higher vrt, only some of which you get back when it's converted. I was looking at them in Belgard.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Vehicle Registration Tax, the clue is in the name. There's no way you have to pay high VRT then get it reduced. If there's an option on the car it is subject to the VRT of the car/van it's installed in, not the original fitment. It does smack of typical MSL/MDL pricing policy, i.e. as much as you can get for as little as you can supply.

Toyota Ireland import their Landcruisers as passenger vehicles then get them converted. Revenue rules insist that all glass, seats and belts taken out of the cars must be "put beyond use". Toyota were scrapping over €3m worth of glass, belts and seats. The seats, in some cases leather, were slit open with a stanley knife. What a waste. Surely they could have been returned to the factory? Or the cars ordered without the fittings?

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
My Mkv 2.0 TDI is a van, i went to tax it and was told 9 grand was given to VRT it. At that stage i could have pulled out the panles, thrown in some seats and taxed it as a car, and got the VAT back
, but i didn't. Finally Revenue edited the detail and the VRT figure was 3.5k.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts