Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas lads? Do you not hate when people park taking 2, 3 or sometimes even 4 parking spaces? When they park so close to you so that you have to get into the car from the passanger side? I have a little idea but first I want to hear what you think about it, what are your ways of rebelling ?

·
low&slow
3,212 Posts
i hate it too but theres is no way of eliminating the problem so its pointless to even think about it. But I'd be interesting in hearing your idea.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i sometimes take two parking spaces, only because i hate car parks, with people swinging doors open(car park dents) and women carrying bags that are more like suitcases (scraping the side of the car) so i park on the line half a space away from either side, hopefully savin my car from unconciderate shoppers

·
Treffen-Heaven
2,295 Posts
There's a huge thread about this over on ed38. I'll see if I can find it in a minute.

Very funny reading some of the stuff lads have done to get back at people scrapping their cars. One lad iirc put a screwdriver through the door of another lads car, and there's alot of writing on bonnets etc.

The whole "taking up two spaces" thing is very topical too.

I can't say I agree with taking up two spaces. I just generally park in the furthest corner of the carpark possible where there's no cars, and against a wall if possible. That way if people really want to park beside me, only one can.

EDIT:Mums and Car Doors Thread

·
Registered
491 Posts
I need some ideas on what to do with someone who cant park, my next door neighbour and his wife tend to abandon their bus right out front of my house and on more then one occasion they have boxed me in!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well my idea was:

A sticker which will be a pain in the ass to take off, stick it on the window, it will say something like 'Penalty Poo for Shit parking' And itll have a photo of a shit something like this:

there is something like this in Poland but with knobs. Look at the video, it shows how hard it is to take it off the windscreen:

I have provisionally asked the seller if he would make English version of them and it would be possible, I am just checking now if the demand will be high. The cost will be something like 15 euro for 200 stickers but Im not 100% sure yet

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE (matty @ Apr 27 2011, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well my idea was:

A sticker which will be a pain in the ass to take off, stick it on the window, it will say something like 'Penalty Poo for Shit parking' And itll have a photo of a shit something like this:

there is something like this in Poland but with knobs. Look at the video, it shows how hard it is to take it off the windscreen:

I have provisionally asked the seller if he would make English version of them and it would be possible, I am just checking now if the demand will be high. The cost will be something like 15 euro for 200 stickers but Im not 100% sure yet

So you want to deface someones property?

If i cought someone putting a sticker on my car i'd be onto the gards straight away.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
the police put a seriously adhesive sticker on your entire windscreen in south africa for parking offences, its hard as hell to get off but doesnt cause any damage.

·
Registered
491 Posts
QUOTE (Mo Ryan @ Apr 27 2011, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd say just genuinely have a chat with them first!

If that doesn't work then start mixing the Molotov Cocktails!

Nah chats have been had but they don't work might start mixing some molotov's.....ah I mean I might have a chat with them again, You didn't see me right

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think this is the only way that could work. And in fairness, Id say the gards would start laughing if they saw a sticker like that on someones car

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I think the sticker idea is a brilliant idea...

but again... id have to agree with Neil... if I saw someone putting a sticker on my car id have the cops on them straight away... its criminal damage no matter what way ya look at it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
if people but those stickers theyl just end up stickin them on peoples cars for a laugh, then its just gonna end up badly. that and i would never touch another mans car, the golden rule.!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE (matty @ Apr 27 2011, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point. There has to be some way to stop people from parking the way they do now

Why not, now this might be a mad idea, but, why not park somewhere else???????

·
I &lt;3 Boost
3,760 Posts
QUOTE (DavidK @ Apr 27 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the police put a seriously adhesive sticker on your entire windscreen in south africa for parking offences, its hard as hell to get off but doesnt cause any damage.

They stopped doing that when people started attempting to drive off without removing the sticker

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
QUOTE the police put a seriously adhesive sticker on your entire windscreen in south africa for parking offences, its hard as hell to get off but doesnt cause any damage.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.