Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
So with Xenons in the Anniversary I now need auto leveling and headlamp washers?? My lights arent blinding, thankfull and are properly lined. Passed the NCT no problem.

Why do we need headlamp washers?? I can understand auto leveling to a degree as a poorly directed beam is a danger but the washers??

·
Registered
869 Posts
You can just get them fitted to look to be there. I dont think they will be tested, as it would be a bit ridicioulous. I've never seen the NCT guy checking if wipers are working

·
It's Michael for fecks sake!
1,779 Posts
Yeah just add the sensors, i'm sure they are cheap enough. However as long as they don't start hiring fat guys to sit in the back while the rest watch to see if the lights go down

EDIT the headlight washers might be a problem though, they are easy tested.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I thought this was always the story? My car has 2 washer caps on it( they dont work) there blanks, The car is going through the test this month so it will be interesting to see if they test them and fail me on my non working non real washer covers

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Apr 5 2011, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah just add the sensors, i'm sure they are cheap enough. However as long as they don't start hiring fat guys to sit in the back while the rest watch to see if the lights go down

EDIT the headlight washers might be a problem though, they are easy tested.

But if you have auto levellers you wouldnt have the adjusting wheel in the dash....would the nct testers be that clued in though?

The headlight washers are a pita. They cover the front of the car in water marks. Ive mine disabled with vcds.

·
Tel: 01-8119029
3,504 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Apr 5 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>About time this was introduced anyway , the sooner the better

Totally agree.

·
low&amp;slow
3,212 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 5 2011, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>but the ones in reflectors are a right pain to drive against
They sure are but when I had my HID's on the A3 with projectors adjusted right not once did I get a flash from oncoming traffic. The ones that dont have projectors and have hid's in fogs are the worst of its kind even when their driving behind you.

I wonder will they be checking the fog lights?

·
low&amp;slow
3,212 Posts
This law was passed in some E.U member states about 3 years ago.

I dont understand this part:

Some high specification estate cars are fitted with a self-levelling suspension system and this would be considered as adequate for the purpose.
It is also worthy of note that a few high performance vehicles fitted with HID headlamps that have barely any luggage space and stiff suspension do not require a self-levelling system.

So will the above mentioned still need headlight washers and adjusters?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It doesn't seem to say anything about the headlight type though i.e. if a HID in a reflector lamp can pass an MOT in 2011, it will be OK next year if the owner could somehow add a washer system and auto-levelling

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Disco Potato @ Apr 7 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It doesn't seem to say anything about the headlight type though i.e. if a HID in a reflector lamp can pass an MOT in 2011, it will be OK next year if the owner could somehow add a washer system and auto-levelling

Ya but 99.9% of people wont go to that expense. They will just take out the hid kits.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
QUOTE (Disco Potato @ Apr 7 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It doesn't seem to say anything about the headlight type though i.e. if a HID in a reflector lamp can pass an MOT in 2011, it will be OK next year if the owner could somehow add a washer system and auto-levelling

Some cars came with HID's in reflector lamps from the factory with the washers and leveling so considering they're standard fit equipment I can't see how they could fail them. That said any car I seen with the above set up has part of the glass hazed to prevent glare.

·
I love my VAGE ;)
321 Posts
So what your saying is my car with HID in projectors will be illegal next year! (maybe)

On the other side, the accuair digital management (e-level) with airbags is a self leveling system
Good excuse for air-ride! May go home and tell the gf the bad news

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.