Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions on how to make this better, might just force myself to get a s3 rear bumper altogether now!!

my poor bumper

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Thats pretty bad chris! Try taking it out to **** in faranfore, he could do something with it. Other than that its time for a new bumper!

·
Resident Polo Pervert
5,183 Posts
For those that cant see it

Before condeming it I would be inclined to repair it, but (dont take offence) if you had the skills to repair it then it probably wouldnt have ended up looking like that in the first place.

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (GSBellew @ Apr 3 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For those that cant see it

Before condeming it I would be inclined to repair it, but (dont take offence) if you had the skills to repair it then it probably wouldnt have ended up looking like that in the first place.

Oh my, that looks terrible.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, rookie mistake i know, was onto a guy up north he has an s3 bumper for 130e says it fits all a3s but i thought that the arches on an s3 were more flared than standard too..?? and i cannot find any nice rear valances for my type a3!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
thats not the best but i have seen worse just let a pro do it the next time you fancy making some body mods
had a mate who thought he could save himself a few quid by cutting the paint back himself instead of getting a pro to do it. he got the mop and cutting compund but didnt use any water when doing it!!
lets just say he uses professional bodyshops from now on!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
QUOTE (chrisy @ Apr 3 2006, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys, rookie mistake i know, was onto a guy up north he has an s3 bumper for 130e says it fits all a3s but i thought that the arches on an s3 were more flared than standard too..?? and i cannot find any nice rear valances for my type a3!!

The S3 has substantially different fenders/arches on it.

A good body shop could get the S3 rear bumper to work.

Best thing is to either get a very good bodyshop to do some custom cutting, or look into a good tuner such as Oettinger or Caractere for a properly fitting and clean looking body kit.

Audi's deserve a clean look.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that was a first day valance that the previous owner had colour coded, i was searching the internet for a good rear valance but the majority are ott. The nicest one i have seen in my own opinion is the oettinger one for the new shape a3, but think custom fitting this to my own would be next to near impossible...

Would it be worth it??

·
Registered
191 Posts
QUOTE (chrisy @ Apr 3 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that was a first day valance that the previous owner had colour coded, i was searching the internet for a good rear valance but the majority are ott. The nicest one i have seen in my own opinion is the oettinger one for the new shape a3, but think custom fitting this to my own would be next to near impossible...

Would it be worth it??

Get one of these to fill the gap (might even need to enlarge it).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts