Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 A4 1.9 tdi, on friday while driving to work the traction control light and ABS lights came on. I pulled over and switched the engine off and back on and both lights went out. I was driving again today (Sunday) and again both warning lights came on but this time they are staying on and come on every time I start the engine, I suspect it might be brake pads, however if anyone could shed some light on the problem I would appreciate it.

CHEERS

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its not brake pads. They have their own light. You need to get it scanned.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is you brake fluid low? Had the same on my passat a few months ago, and a bottle of fluid is only a few quid before spending money on a scan and sensors and such, hope this helps

Barry

·
Registered
480 Posts
Its the brake light switch !
I had the same, change it (11 euro ish in stealers) and itll go for ever. Its a very common problem in these cars. Just to be sure, reverse against a wall in the dark and see if the brake lights are working while the 2 lights are on

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (matty @ Apr 10 2011, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its the brake light switch !
I had the same, change it (11 euro ish in stealers) and itll go for ever. Its a very common problem in these cars. Just to be sure, reverse against a wall in the dark and see if the brake lights are working while the 2 lights are on
Had that problem only a few months back changed the brake light switch and that sorted the problem, thought it was the same problem again cropping up but all brake lights are working fine. Thanks for the reply anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (matty @ Apr 13 2011, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well then u need to connect the vagcom. Where do u live?
Hi Matty, I'm living in Portarlington Co. Laois. I was told it most likely is faulty ABS sensor, priced one from main dealer and it will cost €83+vat.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Get on to Geo. He is in Portlaoise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.