Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.....
Once again I find myself at a dead end trying to source parts for my car. I'm trying to source a window winder regulator for my citi golf and nobody seams to know anything about it over here. Was in the main stealers here in H20Ford and they took my chassis no, and said they'd ring me when it comes in..... 3weeks later I called back to them and they couldn't find it/source it.....

So, bought the broken one into them and they still couldn't tell me what it was from. Its cable driven, in a loop.....(hard to describe with words).....its not like the original MK1 'twisty corkscrew' ones..... I'm guessing/hoping its from the early MK2 golf with quater windows....but not sure.

THE QUESTION! What way would you aproach this? Is there somewhere online I can just put in my chassis number and get a part list or something?
There are only VW markings on the units themselves, but no part number. GSF dont know either....(or couldn't be bothered?)....... Can anyone help?
I'll post some pics when I get the chance........

ANY input on this would be greatly appreciated.........once again.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
since your splashing out on a new part,
why dont you get an electric window kit for the original mk1?
Would sort out old problem,
(but would prob create a whole bag of new ones)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Does it look like this????
cant stay online right now..... but thanks so far Geo, will get back to you asap..

QUOTE (Oisin @ Feb 1 2006, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>since your splashing out on a new part,
why dont you get an electric window kit for the original mk1?
Would sort out old problem,
(but would prob create a whole bag of new ones)

Have a kit at home for sale!!?!??!?

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I'll take out the jetta one for you at the weekend and see what it looks like. Is your car 3 or 5 dr? The jetta is 4dr so might not suit a 3dr but if they looked the same apart from that then at least you'd know that you need an early mk2 3dr regulator (if you follow me
)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Geo @ Feb 1 2006, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll take out the jetta one for you at the weekend and see what it looks like. Is your car 3 or 5 dr? The jetta is 4dr so might not suit a 3dr but if they looked the same apart from that then at least you'd know that you need an early mk2 3dr regulator (if you follow me
)

Tizz a 5 door. very similar to the jetta door too....
The car has polo handles (MK3 I think) just to add to the confusion............

·
Registered
875 Posts
Main stealer's feck'in amaze me. They can't be bothered to get some part's and if they do, there a ride. We are thinking of bringing in more genuine part's from the Uk as we have found a over 30% difference in prices.

Inlet valve KR, Irish 52, Uk 23 (All in euro's)
water pipe KR, 64 against 26 (again euro's)
hall sender for KR dizzy, 163 irish, 40 Uk (yes all coverted to euro)

Somebody is haveing a feck'n laugh, and it's not me or you.

John

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
QUOTE (johnny99 @ Feb 2 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Main stealer's feck'in amaze me. They can't be bothered to get some part's and if they do, there a ride. We are thinking of bringing in more genuine part's from the Uk as we have found a over 30% difference in prices.

Inlet valve KR, Irish 52, Uk 23 (All in euro's)
water pipe KR, 64 against 26 (again euro's)
hall sender for KR dizzy, 163 irish, 40 Uk (yes all coverted to euro)
Somebody is haveing a feck'n laugh, and it's not me or you.
John

do it johnny, and if you'll deliver i'm sure you'd make a killing while we save a packet.

"everyone's a winner baby"

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
i got some parts lately that the local dealer wanted 506 euro for( with discount), i got them from a vw dealer holland including postage for 311

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't think it's the dealers, more like the crowd that import them. When that programme was on about the garages, Primetime, I thought that they would have mentioned that, but no. Is it possible that people could post a list of the usual parts that they need, and get our own from europe. Uk is probobly the best, no language barrier, close, same hours, less delivery charges, etc. Doing something like Dubtrend said. Adding up delivery charges from UK, and then, delivery charges in Ireland together with a decent profit, would need a better discount from a UK dealer, to stay as near as possible to UK retail. All the parts we import are withen 5% of UK retail, and I would like to do the same as that. I would'nt see a problem in setting up an account in UK, but may be difficult to be compeditive. I know that from experience that one would need a larger discount than 12-15% that dealer usually give's to make a half decent profit. We spend considerable time and phone cost's in chaseing and ordering parts, and calling the customer, etc, time being the most expensive.

John

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
GSBellew is your man for the Polos! No sign of him today!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Their name escapes me , but the company that does the readers questions for Golf+ Mag have answered questions about Citi Golfs ,so might know , I think it could be C and R Entreprises?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (EoinO @ Feb 8 2006, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think Beetles UK used to import new Citi Golfs and Caddy pick ups. Might be worth giving them a call.
Hey Eoin,
Thanks, tried ringing them. They got citi's in before but couldn't MOT them or something. He said that the chassis numbers were not recognised in the UK either.... He said he'd get back to me if he can locate where they are now...... I'd love to get another one in.....but have a feeling I wont ever hear from him again.......

@RedLexus, cheers for that contact....will ring them on lunch....nothing citi related on website(that I can find)... Will struggle on.....

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts