1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 will bring:

Increase to road taxes - across the board
Increase in fuel taxes
Increase in Carbon tax (on top of the increase in fuel taxes)
Increase in number of tolls / toll charges.

Can anyone corroborate?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Article in independent

That article doesn't put figures on the road tax rates, but before the election FG promised €50 extra road tax on bands A - D, and €100 for E-G. No figures were given for old system

And they said 22% VAT in 2012 going to 23% in 2013

These are promises thay actually will keep

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
Add in an insurance levy to pay for Sean Quinn's fuck-ups and we as motorists may as well drop our trousers & bend over now

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
it had to happen eventually. the new tax scheme was a big incentiv for someone to buy a new car. now that sales are up, they need to pull in the revenue they used to get from the old cars.
They better not touch the old system prices!

·
low&slow
3,212 Posts
I cant see logistic companys survivng this one never mind the ordinary part time emplyee's and students.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
QUOTE (skodaphile @ Apr 26 2011, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Add in an insurance levy to pay for Sean Quinn's fuck-ups

Qué?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
QUOTE (Thescone @ Apr 26 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a load of c**k!
You cannot get a country out of a recession by upping tax ect.
People don't have the money for it and that's why we are in the recession!

dead right. like alot of people, i could be hopping the pond for greener pastures.
Insurance for me here was €1400, in england it would be £430. Tax is only a fraction too

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
wtf......i have to say this is all gettting past saving the country.....fuck the quinn group. they screwd me years ago so fuck them. getting sick of looking at my pay going to the banks to cover some other wankers cock up. im all for keeping irelnad going and paying my taxs so we can stay afloat but this is all going to far, may as well just say "start a business in ireland, sure if u go bang jonny tax payer will sort it for you"

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
Time to check out Visa's about leaving this country...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I think I'll have to write another strongly worded letter with a high percentage of expletives.

As above the new system was always going to need changing. Another symptom of tinkering with policy for short term gain without looking more that 2-3 years down the road. Where have we seen this before.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
If the price of diesel goes up, transport costs go up which in turn means the products in the shop will go up. I see it at work already with the price of stuff going up anything from 5 cent to €1 on small stuff. All adds up at the end of the day. Will put businesses under pressure and alot will fold especially transport companies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.