Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got Ed for turbotech.ie to map it. He also did my buddys audi a4 2.5 tdi 180 quattro sport on Sat.

Instead of just flashing the map in, driving it, flashing another map in, driving it, etc he did something different.

He used a emmulator to connect in his laptop (i.e. laptop was acting as the ecu) and mapped it as I was driving. Some job. Didn't RR it, but he reckons around 170bhp and 350ft/lbs of torque.
Well happy with it, of course had to embarrass some starbos, civics, celicas etc on the way home..................

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dunno what the rate is, we got a bit of a discount 'cos it was Tom's 3rd car and he was doing both together. I do know he is more expensive than the other so called "mappers" out there, but then afaik he is the only person that actually maps each individual car.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
@ Dirty Diesel - 1st of all.....Happy Birthday &

Jaysus, between Geo & Kvw, you were being stalked yesterday!!

What bhp was the car to start with? And what did Ed reckon he got the V6TDI to?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying your birthday Dirty D.

·
Registered
84 Posts
QUOTE (Tony D @ Feb 20 2006, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What bhp was the car to start with? And what did Ed reckon he got the V6TDI to?

Mine is a 130 Sport.
Dunno what the audi is putting out, it's 180bhp as standard and it was his first time doing that engine. We couldn't use the dynapack either, cause it might snap the diff due to the way the traction works in the quattro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.