Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I will be servicing the GTI at the weekend, I want to get the best products I can, This is my first venture with a 1.8t and having had mostly Diesel cars over the past few years Ive lost touch with the petrol side of things, So for a 1.8T what is the best plugs to use, Im a Bosch faithful if Im honest but if NGK or similiar are proven to be better for the 1.8t I would use them, Oil obviously? Will be changing the rear pads also? so mintex, EBC or OEM?

I have a K&N panel filter in it so I have no worries there, Opinions on whatpeople have used and what to avoid is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
oem all the way, it's what was in the car from the factory

·
me likey boost......
187 Posts
I've an AUM and find the NGK's are a much better job, very noticable difference in MPG and idling, Castrol Magnatec VW504+ and definitely an oil pressure gauge is a must in my opinion just to give a quick check when you're servicing, the 1.8t's are prone to the pickup from the oil-pump blocking up with crap, save alot of money by diagnosing a prob like that early on, not too hard to drop the sump and clean or replace it yourself

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did that on my A3,I saw a 30 miles per tank rise from cleaning it and the sump out alone, Well worth doing IMO if you have the time and some dirko! Thanks for the advice, I ordered some Bosch though in the mean time so will give them a go if there shit Ill just swap them out,

Also Im booked in next Tuesday for 4 coil packs under warranty, Thank you VW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.