Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Did it come out at all? I think its still in the closet!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ah lads answer the man's question.

It would be 110bhp 6 speed and would say highline on the boot sticker. The pd115 wasnt out that early iirc.

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 14 2011, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah lads answer the man's question.

It would be 110bhp 6 speed and would say highline on the boot sticker. The pd115 wasnt out that early iirc.
Were the non PD engines 6 speed?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 14 2011, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ah lads answer the man's question.

thanks , the boot sticker? is that the boot sticker with paint code on it? what bhp could it be mapped to safely?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (jonny87 @ Apr 14 2011, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks , the boot sticker? is that the boot sticker with paint code on it? what bhp could it be mapped to safely?
Yes it should say 81kW(=110bhp) on the sticker too.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

It would be 110bhp 6 speed and would say highline on the boot sticker. The pd115 wasnt out that early iirc.the 110 non pd didnt ever have a 6 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts

I did answer it , have a read again of my post kevinm
It said 115 bhp pd 6 speed , incase you missed that it said 115 bhp pd 6 speed
I've yet to see a 110 bhp with a 6 speed box

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
110 is a 5 speed, 6 speeds only came in Some 115's most 130's and all 150's IIRC,

Regards 'GT' TDI, there is no such thing as a genuine one there all Highlines, It was a 'scandal' as such by some UK dealers to sell them quicker, it worked, It also proved that the human mind can be very simple, All of a sudden a 'GT' TDI is in a different class to your 'ordinary' TDI, I love having arguments with fools over this, One guy in wok didn't speak to me for months when I load him his 'genuine' GT was merely a Diesel golf

As for the 6 speed box, The 5 speed is much better, having had both Id pick the 5 speed every time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 14 2011, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>110 is a 5 speed, 6 speeds only came in Some 115's most 130's and all 150's IIRC,

Regards 'GT' TDI, there is no such thing as a genuine one there all Highlines, It was a 'scandal' as such by some UK dealers to sell them quicker, it worked, It also proved that the human mind can be very simple, All of a sudden a 'GT' TDI is in a different class to your 'ordinary' TDI, I love having arguments with fools over this, One guy in wok didn't speak to me for months when I load him his 'genuine' GT was merely a Diesel golf

As for the 6 speed box, The 5 speed is much better, having had both Id pick the 5 speed every time.

cheers

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (KevC @ Apr 14 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Were the non PD engines 6 speed?
QUOTE (bri @ Apr 14 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the 110 non pd didnt ever have a 6 speed gearbox.

Are ye sure about that lads? I always thought the 110 got the 6 speed?

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 14 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nope only Pd's came with 6 speeds, Well Im pretty sure that is, the mother's 'GT' TDI 110 has a 5 speed, the cousin has a 110 too and his is 5 speed, Im 99.9% sure they didn't come with 6 speed, anyway the 6 speed box is only a gimmick and its only advantage over the 5 speed is on the M'way.

Whats with all the hating on the 6 speed box Shaunie

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
QUOTE (Shane @ Apr 14 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whats with all the hating on the 6 speed box Shaunie

I dont know, it just annoys me that everyone goes mad over an extra gear " wow SIX gears, she must be a weapon to need 6 gears"

If you drive mostly motorway its a blessing, but for back roads and town its useless, 1st gear is useless and on the back roads your forever having to change gear!

Its a good selling point though!

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 14 2011, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont know, it just annoys me that everyone goes mad over an extra gear " wow SIX gears, she must be a weapon to need 6 gears"

If you drive mostly motorway its a blessing, but for back roads and town its useless, 1st gear is useless and on the back roads your forever having to change gear!

Its a good selling point though!

1st gear is useless on pretty much all VAg cars of that era too short and designed for towing! i found the 6 th gear more beneficial around town esp in the Bora.Id prefer 5 speed on anything with a decent engine but on a TDI give me 6 anyday or better still an automatic lol

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.