Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to eveyone,

In a bit of a whirl @ the mo. Have a crackin black '96 vr6 3dr, total dream machine to be honest but have gottin the idea I want a gti turbo in2 my head. Just wondering if ye could help me out here on this 1, what should I do. If I was to part with my vr6 is there much of a market here for them?

Just a quick run-down on her - Its black, 17' Fox RS alloys, Smoked Rear lights, Sport Suspension, just nct'd & service(91k).

What ye reckon sell or hold?

Cheers

Rev

Ps if i get a chance later I'll try post a few pics of it.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
The VR is a lovely engine, the note, torque etc. I'd have one over a Mk4 1.8t any day. Downside, as always, tax!! Not a huge market for them here but there's a good few about.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Hard to say which I'd have, taking the tax out of the equation the VR6 engine would be way ahead of the 1.8T for me, how about a Mk4 V6 4Motion? That way you still have the VR6 power, but in the Mk4 body. Best of both worlds

Welcome to the forum btw...

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
sounds like a sweet car get some pics up asap,

imo ide stick with the VR if the tax isint a problem to you
the growl out of a vr engine is something to behold,

ps if you were going to sell it what kind of money would you be looking for it??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya it's a lovely car and to be honest the tax isnt the worsed(just pay it every 3 mths) but my sudden desire of the gti t is it remap potential which I think done right could be a cool fast car....but on the other hand the smooth rumble of the v6 is something else too.

So hence my dilema

Cheers for the welcome to lads

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a few pics I promise. I'll try & get better 1's over the wkd....

Rev

Couldnt get pics to up load????

·
Savage Member
3,419 Posts
I have a golf vr6(190bhp) and my brother has a remaped 1.8t(198bhp)

The mk4 feels a lot quicker to drive but side by side there is not
much in it.I think the vr is a way nicer car to drive,its more
nimble and turns in quicker and askes to be driven hard where as
the mk4 is a comfy car to go shopping in and thats about all.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Keep the VR, You cant beat that sound, even with a remapped a 1.8T Mk4

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Keep it! Listening to the sound from Georges & Glenns Vento is something else, it's up there with the humm from the Supercharger....mmmmm

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (Tony D @ Mar 31 2006, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Keep it! Listening to the sound from Georges & Glenns Vento is something else, it's up there with the humm from the Supercharger....mmmmm

Now theres a suggestion!!! Supercharge the VR!!!! (Not cheap I know) If you got that done would you think twice about a 1.8T?

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (Revman @ Mar 31 2006, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do you go about supercharging a vr6??? How much we talking a where can it be done???

Know very little about it myself but if you look in this thread on page four in the list of cars going on the 200+bhp rolling road Day you will see in the confirmed list that there is a Mk3 VR6 supercharged

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=125&st=60

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been lookin in2 it there over the last few hours there r a few kits but as some of ye have pointed out they r quiet expensive....roughly £3500 or so fitted so its well over 5k euro....Head is in a mush love the vr but would love to build a gti turbo up to bout 240bhp with r32 kit...wat ye reckon

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (Revman @ Mar 31 2006, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Been lookin in2 it there over the last few hours there r a few kits but as some of ye have pointed out they r quiet expensive....roughly £3500 or so fitted so its well over 5k euro....Head is in a mush love the vr but would love to build a gti turbo up to bout 240bhp with r32 kit...wat ye reckon

What is the quoted power output from a supercharged VR?? I know there are different stages that it can be built up to, but for starters what is the output with a stage 1 kit? The growl of the VR6 is what kills me!! It rumbles you in the proverbials

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Mar 31 2006, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>250bhp afaik from stage 1

What would the stage 4 give Glenn, or is it too high for me to hear??

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
I think you can get them up to this side of the 300bhp mark, been looking at a few done in the states. It's quite popular over there

As I said already, def VR over the 1.8T for me

1 - 20 of 31 Posts