Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

im looking to change the clocks in my mk3 golf (its a cl - so has a giant clock instead of a rev meter)

what i'd like to know is

if i change the clocks - does the mileage come from the donor clocks ?
- if yes, can i remove the lcd display / or memory unit from my clocks and put it into the new ones? - so my mileage comes across?

where would the best place be to get the new clocks - have checked ebay .ie / co.uk and they are useless..

and the .de one is only good if you know german - which i dont -

Do the clocks from a seat ibiza fit ?

has anybody done this or am i best leaving it as is? (hate the big clock!)

Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
millage is held on the clocks! if you want the same millage you wil have to make a vist to digi dash ect

i cant see their being any problem putting in clocks with a rev counter!
i might be selling my clocks soon, they are from the se model with the silver face.

for ebay.de just go to google and click lanuage tools then cut and paste text to translate

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great - if you selling them send me a pm

do you know if its expensive to get the mileage set to the correct amount?

Thanks

·
Savage Member
3,419 Posts
Yes the milage will change with the clocks.

Remember if you get clocks from Germany they will
be in KPH.

You can get clocks in any breakers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi, have an answer for you a whole year later ha ha, you probably have it done already but the info might be useful to somebody else

i did this very thing just today, i Hate having a car without a rev counter, mine just had a stupidly big clock too, so got a set off the site here, thanks again Geo,
couldnt be easier, straight plug and play, no extra wiring needed, unplug the old clocks and plug the socket into the new clocks, instant Rev counter

as said before, the milage stays with the clocks, so now my car is reading an extra 50,000m
, but hey, i aint fussy
and i still have a clock that shows the time as there is a digital clock instead of a manual one on the new instruments

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE(Mike Feeney @ Jan 16 2007, 12:47 PM) [snapback]47069[/snapback]
Hi, have an answer for you a whole year later ha ha, you probably have it done already but the info might be useful to somebody else

i did this very thing just today, i Hate having a car without a rev counter, mine just had a stupidly big clock too, so got a set off the site here, thanks again Geo,
couldnt be easier, straight plug and play, no extra wiring needed, unplug the old clocks and plug the socket into the new clocks, instant Rev counter

as said before, the milage stays with the clocks, so now my car is reading an extra 50,000m
, but hey, i aint fussy
and i still have a clock that shows the time as there is a digital clock instead of a manual one on the new instruments

Peter at Logic Automotive (banner ad on here) can sort out the mileage for you on your new clocks.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Or if you take your old ones apart you might be able to swap in the speedo and mileage part from them into the new ones.

I have another set of clocks with rev counter for a petrol mk3 if anyone wants one by the way. There's 180k on them though

Also have a set for a diesel with 275k on them.

·
sometimes..just sometimes id like to own my very o
705 Posts
whats the story if you bring it to an nct centre and it has less miles than before

·
Advanced Member
3,754 Posts
QUOTE(sherlock @ Apr 9 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]59459[/snapback]
whats the story if you bring it to an nct centre and it has less miles than before

i hope they dont notice my old ones had 53k and the new mk4 ones have 3k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts