Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
recently bought a Golf G60 and am currently looking for a reputable mechanic that knows these cars inside out.
Thanks in advance,
Jack

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have been changing the oil every 3000 miles. just for all the other jobs want someone who knows what they are doing
Thanks

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (JB G60 @ Feb 16 2006, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dublin/Wicklow border but wouldnt mind travelling (not too far)
Thanks
Get yourself down to Killarney for the weekend and leave the car with Ronan, go on the beer and then have a nice drive back. It'll be worth it

·
vw queen
757 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16 2006, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get yourself down to Killarney for the weekend and leave the car with Ronan, go on the beer and then have a nice drive back. It'll be worth it

Ronan does all the work on my Corrado G60, definately recommended.....

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
im sure there is someone closer to dublin that knows as much if not more about them!

post up some pictures of the car, is it an edition one?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I keep on top of my own servicing on the G60. Its not exactly rocket science. What have you got in mind? Do you have any issues with the car or is it just general servicing your talking about ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not an edition 1 not even an original. Will probably be in touch with you Ronan.
Thanks

It is mostly general servicing, just engine work really, everything i can do to prevent having issues. want to have a nice service record aswell as I already have a folder of receipts of everything done to the car,and it would be a shame not to keep it up.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Sweet looking car there Jack

Welcome to the makey upy G60 club

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
as mark says its not rocket science to maintain them, its easy enough to remove and refit the charger if it needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
*off topic* Ronan, what happened to your Avtar latley?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
no idea i must put up another one now that you mention it brian.

what colour is the car? is that red mica pearl? rare mk2 colour if it is

if its a stamped service history you are worried about then i dont know what you are going to do, vwsuze went to the local vw maindealer with hers to get some work done and they wouldnt look at it. just be careful where you take it as anything accidentaly dropped in the charger or boost pipes can wreck the supercharger

·
vw queen
757 Posts
QUOTE (ronan @ Feb 16 2006, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>vwsuze went to the local vw maindealer with hers to get some work done and they wouldnt look at it. just be careful where you take it as anything accidentaly dropped in the charger or boost pipes can wreck the supercharger

When i was walking in the door someone told me not to let them near it, that they wouldnt have a clue what they were doing and it would cost at least €700 in labour to take the charger off and put it back on, never mind anything else.......... (btw ronan any sign of the brake hoses? lol)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure what colour it is. going to find out, it started life as a 1.8 carb that might explain something

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (JB G60 @ Feb 16 2006, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not sure what colour it is. going to find out, it started life as a 1.8 carb that might explain something
Was that for sale in Buy and Sell lately?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
the paint code should be on the sticker in the boot, either inside the back pannel or else on the boot floor.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 16 2006, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was that for sale in Buy and Sell lately?

Yeah twas in buy and sell wanted to see what type of interest i'd get for it not sellin it.
Brian, you directed me here pm'd u on the cruise irl forum. Good man!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts