Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lads,

some of you may know me already from other sites and that, Im more known for the jap cars ive had but have been away from the whole car scene for a year and seen the light... currently driving a 1990 vw Jetta GTi.. the car is pretty much a project so ill get a project thread on the go..

well looking forward to posting and i may as well say thanks now for all the info i know im going to pull from the site..!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Is it an original irish gti jetta? Its rare enough to see them. Ill take a shot in the dark and guess your pulling something backwards

Should scrub up good. Best of luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 19 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it an original irish gti jetta? Its rare enough to see them. Ill take a shot in the dark and guess your pulling something backwards

Should scrub up good. Best of luck.
its a uk car originally but was brought into the country in 98.. has service history until it came into Ireland. 1 owner on the car before me"and a garage" and the reason we had to tow it was it ran out of juice, literally just after we pulled out to drive home...ha

·
Scrap Man
0 Posts
welcome along, not many Jetta GTI's around these days, a bit of T-cut and a polish should change the look- well wear

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE (kadett 244 @ Apr 19 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcomes!

I like jettas

Where are you from?
Thanks, from Dublin north..!

QUOTE (Solid Oak @ Apr 19 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice Jetta there, best of luck with it. I nearly bought it myself a few months ago. Was it Ray in Skerries you dealt with?

Yeah man, was ray out in skerries I picked it up off.. Out of curiosity why did you walk away from it..?

QUOTE (Darragh B @ Apr 19 2011, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome, looking forward to how it turns out.

What plans have you in store for it?

Thanks man.. To be honest Im really just looking to bring it back to it's former glorey.. Keep it as standard as I can.. Just as clean and original as possible.. With coilovers and possibly a new set a wheels.. Will prob need an engin aswel, but I'm keeping her a standard 8valve..!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah man, was ray out in skerries I picked it up off.. Out of curiosity why did you walk away from it..?

I was looking for something i could use as a daily while i was working on it and like you say it will need an engine or at least a rebuild.
Very nice car though with a nice interior, lots of project potential. Looking forward to see what you do with it.
Best of luck and keep the pics coming.

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
That'll look mint with some TLC!

Good luck-nice find!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (ventojetta @ Apr 20 2011, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ahaha I put two and two together really, think it was from Sleek FX last year or the year before, naked handstands!

The only valid response at this stage I think is no comment..! ;op

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.