2,393 Posts
Are you getting one

·
Registered
1 Posts
newbie here, only got a 1.6 mk4 at the moment
but am looking at upgrading with up to about 40k to spend

so had looked at that myself before too,
on a 00 it's only 3700, when you consider a 01 m3 is still 11.5k yet the rs4 is couple grand dearer in stg,
doesn't make sense at all, but good if you want one though,

·
Registered
254 Posts
its the figure on the online VRT site.....its not the figure you pay, believe me!
If you check on there the VRT on a 00 S4 was more than a 00 RS4.....
VRT has gone mad, Type R Integras are 2000 euro more expensive to VRT now than they were two months ago, a 98 C220 CDI went up 400 euro from the written (3 week old) quote a mate had for it.

Be careful out there lads.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It seems that the VRT on Jap cars have nearly doubled as they are been imported 3 to 1 (according to a mate of a mate that works gor the VRT office in Rosslare) The VRT on euro cars have come down or at least stayed the same since over a year ago.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
the online quotes are only valid for 24 hours
if its after the 24 hours they can charge what they want but within that they have to give you what the quote says.
This came form a lad who we know who is high up in revenue

·
Registered
651 Posts
You'd be surprised what some of the newer cars are valued by the revenue, as Rich says you have 24 hours to VRT it from the on line quote.

They have been known to lash on extra VRT to extras that do not come on the car as standard, but on high end cars you get most toys as standard anyhow.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Was it not always cheaper to VRT a jap yoke over a german car. A friend of mine brought in an EVOIV from Japan himself and was looking at paying €1,100 on the VRT site, it came in there last week and he had to pay over €1900 to VRT plus the other customs taxes he had to pay. When he was pricing VRT an 91 NSX was only €2000, so Jap cars have taken a serious jump in the last little while. Sure thats grand for all of us that like Ze Germans, maybe they might come down in price

·
Registered
347 Posts
QUOTE (PD150 @ Feb 16 2006, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A friend of mine brought in an EVOIV from Japan himself and was looking at paying €1,100 on the VRT site, it came in there last week and he had to pay over €1900 to VRT plus the other customs taxes he had to pay.

thats mad cheap

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (WRC @ Feb 16 2006, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thats mad cheap

You think that is cheap, you want to see how much he paid for the 1997 EVOIV, and it is mint, It was driven by a women, not very far by the looks of it though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.