Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few pics of one of my jettas.

I bought it last March as a stop gap car to keep me on the road after I sold my bmw and I have used it on and off since.

When I got it I fitted 2 new tyres, the old brakes off my mk2 gti 8v, a balljoint and a coolant hose, thermostat and a fuel pump seal and it hasn't needed anything since except diesel and the odd oil change.

243k on it now and still the engine is untouched.

I have to make a decision on what to do with it now though as it needs a clutch, rear brakes and a front shock or 2 to pass the nct. Probably not worth spending the time doing it but it would be a pity to scrap it as it is a great car (despite the appearance)

And some smart bastard decided to add the following

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Too much time with Photoshop I think George

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
*mind me washing*

thats a good pic i had to look twice to cop the different wheels

·
Registered
58 Posts
need some wheels for it.....
any ideas?
keep in mind its on a budget

i'll get the camera out over xmas

·
Registered
969 Posts
The Jetta world has gone crazy, VW must love them seen as they're now back again!

Geo, if only that was a GTD, I'd buy off ya.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If only it was as easy to do that in real life...
Just download a set of BBS & a coilovers and paste them on to your car

·
Registered
170 Posts
Back in the late 80's early 90's if you had a Jetta - especially a diesel you were a big shot - how times have changed.

Almost bought a new 'pacific' diesel once but was put off by the spartan inside and no extras.

Is it a diesel Geo - I found my 1992 Mk III Golf diesel (non turbo) pretty sluggish - great car otherwise though.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

Aswell as having a sticker with your name on the windscreen, it also has a sticker with your name on the back window too

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Dave well spotted

@Alfaguy it is the 1.6td, from looking up the engine code on the autodata cd it is rated at 70bhp or thereabouts. I have turned up the fuel and the turbo so it is quick enough, if a little bit smokey

The hoodride threads on here today reminded me that I should update people on my own 'hoodride' project

I am back driving it again at the moment as I am doing more mileage than I had been for the past while. It was financially disastrous putting petrol in the golf and I didn't want to subject it to the 50 mile round trip on back roads that I am doing 3 days a week now.

So to cut a long story short I dug out the keys of the jetta 3 weeks ago, sat into it and it started first time. I found a brand new sachs clutch disc in the garage at home so I fitted that, also found a new gates timing belt and tensioner so fitted them too as there was 90k on the old belt.

It's going fine now except that the lh front shock is completely gone. I have a pair of nearly new ones to put into it, once that is done and I fit a new handbrake cable it might actually pass an nct.

Mileage is now 244,600.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
QUOTE(Geo @ Jun 27 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]24188[/snapback]
Depends on which definition of 'green' you are using

MacGyver!

·
Registered
551 Posts
QUOTE(Trevor @ Jun 27 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]24186[/snapback]
Looks like a yoke that would be run on the green stuff!!!

I think it runs on pretty much anything...... Still I'd say it is a basta*d stopping off for 10ltrs of fuel every day George

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
the ould jettas willgo for ever!!! was talkin to a guy a while back with 320k on his one!!

1 - 20 of 375 Posts