Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
eBay.de

I've seen a set or two in spurious sets of parts for sale.

Buy a good quality aftermarket and remove them at shows.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
To be honest they don't look great Neil. I think the ones i spotted were all rubber. If you're just looking to protect then get the best of the current day ones. I'm in two minds re the likes of Justmatz however but haven't looked much into it.

·
Dublin FTW!
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ideally im looking for carpet mats with fixings on the drivers mat, mats moving around under your feet wrecks my head.
Something factory ish would be great.

I wasn't too gone on the justmats I had before, plus they are a bit too bling for the car.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
QUOTE (Neilo @ Apr 23 2011, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ideally im looking for carpet mats with fixings on the drivers mat, mats moving around under your feet wrecks my head.
Something factory ish would be great.

I wasn't too gone on the justmats I had before, plus they are a bit too bling for the car.

Doubt if they'd have fixings in those days Neil. That would be bling lol
Just probably grip on underside.

I agree with you on Justmatz but there are others out there. Maybe places like Newton commercials may have something.

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
A decent set of rubber overmats is what I have in any car I have. I have my current ones for donkeys years and transfer them from car to car. They're VW ones btw!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought mine from Crazyquiffs if I remember correctly, I ordered the carpet mats with old style rubber heel pads on both fronts,cant do all rubber mats,too smelly,
I also fitted Mk4 grips to stop drivers mat sliding, Lovely Mk1 by the way(Maybe Chrome Bumpers ?) .....Are you making the trip to Uttoxeter?

·
Dublin FTW&#33;
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Stevemk1 @ Apr 24 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I bought mine from Crazyquiffs if I remember correctly, I ordered the carpet mats with old style rubber heel pads on both fronts,cant do all rubber mats,too smelly,
I also fitted Mk4 grips to stop drivers mat sliding, Lovely Mk1 by the way(Maybe Chrome Bumpers ?) .....Are you making the trip to Uttoxeter?

Any pics of the mats you have?
Won't be making any UK trips in the car, I think it would be too far to take it. It's only a 1.1 4 speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.