Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, In a bit of bother with the gearbox in the golf. 1st and 2nd gear gone, and its tempermental when goin into reverse. Just wonderin has anyone else had a problem like this, what caused it and what sort of money will it cost to fix? Cheers!

·
It's Michael for fecks sake!
1,779 Posts
Yeah the PD130/150 6 speed box have a weakness where the selector fork pin shears inside the box. I had the same problem and i just got a second hand box cheap at the time. I think the parts come to around 100 euro but then you have to pay someone to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Apr 25 2011, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah the PD130/150 6 speed box have a weakness where the selector fork pin shears inside the box. I had the same problem and i just got a second hand box cheap at the time. I think the parts come to around 100 euro but then you have to pay someone to fix it.

My mechanic brought it to a gearbox building place in offaly. Including mechanics labour it cost 800 euro. A bit on the steep side I'm thinkin!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
QUOTE (Mazda323 @ May 4 2011, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My mechanic brought it to a gearbox building place in offaly. Including mechanics labour it cost 800 euro. A bit on the steep side I'm thinkin!!

i got a mate breakin a 2002 150bhp gti tdi golf. I reckon he could be pursuaded to part with the box for less dan €800. 085/9924653 an ask for emmet. worth a shot anyway. car is up on parts for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.