Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads thinking about installing one of these, anyone know if the nct will have issues with them? I'd imagine there would need to be some sort of firewall?

Also anybody know about Lexan/polycarbonate window's and NCT? Front screen will be original, more than likely just back 3 just lexan.

It will be a track car mainly but i'd like to have it nct-able to take it out for the odd meet and drive etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Can't help much but do you know theres a guy on clubgti making the windows? Pretty cheap. He told me they would pass an mot. Bet you the Nct wouldn't even know!
Don't think you need a bulk head for the cell, that's kinda the point of the cell...They can't leak.

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats it Dave yeah, have been looking around alright at prices for the lexan windows and they aren't as bad as I thought. We also do deliveries for Plastic's for performance in Clare so may get onto them and check.

I'll have to check with the NCT I suppose just to get a definative answer, but even at that, I suppose it's up to the discretion of whatever tester it gets on the day.

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
Plenty of cabrios have perspex windows in the hood? Also the Megane R26R came with perspex rear windows from the factory. Not that I've seen one over here....

Do the windows not need to 'operate' (ie open) for NCT? Or are they fixed/vent type windows on a 3 door?

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The driverside has to be able to open and close for an NCT afaik, probably the passenger side too.

Safest bet is to just add the lexan windows after an NCT me thinks, unless I can get some certain clarity beforehand. I'll get onto the NCT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.