Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VAG: very able gasons!!
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right lads wanna fit fta sat plus system. have sky dish and i know i have to use dual or a quad lnb but my question is do i have to run a second sat cable or can i use standard coax which i have already sitting there, id like to use ones of these new dual boxes from power city, cause my tv is only mpeg3 and i want to be able to tune in the rte's and tv3 as well as the uk stuff, and also the fact i can just plug in an external hard drive.
i dont wanna have to run a cable down my outside wall, and iv recently got my walls pumped. the other rooms are not a hassle cause there stud walls, and i can run cable to stand alone boxes. any ideas or help.... im puzzled

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
The cable that is used from the LNB is standard coax (RG6). One cable from the LNB to each sat box, you cannot split the signal from one LNB outlet to two boxes.
So if that is what the existing cable is (likely) then use away.

·
Audi A4 B6 1.8T
159 Posts
if the brown cable is the real old stuff usually thicker than standard sat cable then no, you cant get f type connectors for that size and if you could its shite cable for satellite, as someone already mentioned you cant get the irish channels through satellite yet.. you will need and aerial, a combo box is best option all contained in one box

just noticed your not far from me if you want hand let me know i used to work for sky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.