1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Nice, I've always liked those Coups

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
From the lines of the front panels it looks like it went a few rounds with a ditch. Whos garage did you find it in? Surely someone owns it.

Ive had a soft spot for these cars for a long while. Well wear!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 21 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>From the lines of the front panels it looks like it went a few rounds with a ditch. Yours garage did you find it in? Surely someone owns it.

Ive had a soft spot for these cars for a long while. Well wear!

It never went through any ditches at all just a badly fitted front bumper and i found it in a garage at a house i was working at. i want but vrt is 1200 because of the low mileage. that is what the vrt woman said

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
QUOTE (Tony D @ Apr 21 2011, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice, I've always liked those Coups

I agree with Tony. Even with vrt it could be worth it. You got to see beyond the kit though.

Any rust at all? What's interior like? Is engine running?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
looks like it needs a good bit of work to put right, genuine parts are expensive for these as well, 2.0ltr is slow and thirsty,factor in vrt and you,d have to wonder if it is worth it?
as glenn says you,d pick up an irish one up for smallish money now.

body not aluminium btw,just galvinised.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (bri @ Apr 21 2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks like it needs a good bit of work to put right, genuine parts are expensive for these as well, 2.0ltr is slow and thirsty,factor in vrt and you,d have to wonder if it is worth it?
as glenn says you,d pick up an irish one up for smallish money now.

body not aluminium btw,just galvinised.

just found that out looking up car. the man who owns the car said he would never sell it because it was in his family from new and his brother owned it from new and they had the bumper by a cowboy. i looked under the bonnet and it is very straight i will take better pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nice car, the front wings on these often look off if you look at the top edge from the boot spoiler. It's easy enough to adjust.

RS2 front bumper is worth the price of the VRT if it's genuine.

Real one:

After that it depends what you want from the car. The 2wd rear suspension is horrible and the 2.0 is very underpowered for a for a heavy car. A friend of mine has a 2.8 v6 quattro parked up on irish plates. Thats a very capable machine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (wot @ Apr 22 2011, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any chance of a pic of the front seats?

Look like S2 leathers but could be RS2 fronts in there.

i will get a picture as soon as i can. they are leather but i didnt have a good look. all the bushings and bearings were done about 2 years ago and the car only did 100 mile since because it was kept in the garage as guards lifted the car because it was in ireland since 98 and they never paid the vrt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.