Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time having a GTI after years of driving 1 ltres and 1.4 litre cars!!! Im enjoying it!! Have it 3 weeks now but first chance I have got to post pics!!! Hope ye like it cos I do!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
nice wheels well choosen car.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
nice looking car and the wheels really suit

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats, best of luck with it. Nice clean genuine looking car.

18's yeh? Has it been dropped?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice looking Mk4 you have there, best of luck with it

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies lads!!! Yeah they are 18s and its on standard GTI suspension which is low enough for me on the roads I drive!!!! Any plans I have for it will have to wait till the summer until I get time!!! Prob just drop it into the bodyshop for a few days to get a few minor scratches sorted (maybe Im mad even doing this cos every car picks up the odd scratch, or key mark!!!) while its in there Ill get a spoiler (any suggestions on good replicas or should I buy genuine VW GTI roof spoiler). Have to get a wheel touched up too cos it is lightly scratched!!! Other than that Im not going to do much with it other than keep it well cleaned and waxed (If I ever get time to do that!!!) and enjo every minute of driving it!!!!!

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Ive seen alot of 3 doors esp in the UK with no spoiler and i like the look of it - keeps that compact racer look! for it too really work though i guess lowering it would help and 18's (which you have )

If i had a 3 door id defo have my spoiler off and stick a big dirty fabia wiper on it for slickness!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Go for the Votex/Genuine VW spoiler WITHOUT the cut-out for the aerial, €180 incl. VAT from the main dealer. That's what I paid last month.

You can get the Votex/Genuine VW spoiler with the cut-out as well but the cut-out looks stupid on them.

Not a fan of the Anni. spoiler myself but it's available from www.vwspeed.co.uk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (BrendanM @ Feb 7 2006, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go for the Votex/Genuine VW spoiler WITHOUT the cut-out for the aerial, €180 incl. VAT from the main dealer. That's what I paid last month.

You can get the Votex/Genuine VW spoiler with the cut-out as well but the cut-out looks stupid on them.

Not a fan of the Anni. spoiler myself but it's available from www.vwspeed.co.uk

Anyone have any pics of both of these spoilers so I can compare!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
God the lad that had that before ya must of kept it immaculate eh

I'd leave the spoiler off too, just drop it if anything......

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just be weary of a spoiler with no cut out for aerial as over time it will leave a nasty mark on the spoiler if you keep opening the boot fully. Best of luck with the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts